Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:21 AM   #1

Ok guys, this is a start. I returned from my second trip to Maui at the very end of January. I came home and I was swamped with work. I have been dyin' to edit and post pics. Thanks 2 vIZnquest, I am now sorting, editing and postin'! This time around I took my FZ30 (last year I took the FZ20). While there are improvements from the FZ20, and I did notice them. I felt like I had a toy compared to the Canon EOS20D which I have been shooting with regularly since I got it last April. As all of us who have the 30, we know it is very nifty, but I still found myself missing my Canon. Maui is becoming very overpopulated, so those of you who have said, "I always wanted to go to Hawai'i" should really consider going within the next two years, esp. if Maui is one of the islands you wanna hit. Kauai is supposed to be the most beautiful, esp as a photo op (haven't been there yet) and it should stay that way. I hear the islanders put up serious protests so that even someone who wanted to build a small condo would have a lot of trouble. But some people find it boring other than the scenery. Past this I have no other words of wisdom on the subject, so now on to what I am hopefully getting very good at: pics! This was taken at sunset in Lahaina. We were at a restaurant overlooking the water. I had to shove my fiance's head into the soup so that it wouldn't be in the way for this pic. I used the instant fix on photocanvase lite (bundled w/ACDSee software) and I resized. Please tell me what you guys think:

Attached Images

Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:25 AM   #2

here's another pic of the same sunset (the sun has already set behind the boat)taken vertically:

Attached Images

Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:30 AM   #3

Here's the first sunset I saw when I got to Maui:

Attached Images

Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:31 AM   #4

another of the first night sunset:

Attached Images

Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:32 AM   #5

ohhhhh, that 2nd one. VERY pretty.
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:37 AM   #6

Here is what I think is the most beautiful sunset that I have ever seen. Unfortunately, this was the only day of the whole trip that I didn't have my FZ30. But I did have my Sony HC-90 which is an incredible little camcorder. Does ok with the digital stills, lemme know what u think:

Attached Images

Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:46 AM   #7

For those of you who know Maui, you know of Makena (beach). There is big beach, and little beach. Little beach is hard to access and it is very private, but it is worth the climb. This was taken a little after sunset on little beach, and in the top left hand corner you can see Molokini, which is a horseshoe shaped island that the US Navy used as a bombing range. Now, it has great snorkeling b/c the shape of the island protects the water from winds and you can see straight down to the bottom of the ocean - over 300 feet. Here's the pic, once again your comments are encouraged:

Attached Images

Old Feb 19, 2006, 2:51 AM   #8

The morning after that beautiful sunset, I got my behind up b4 sunrise, figuring that sunrise might be fairly spectacular as well. Definitely not as nice as I planned but I still got some good shots, here's one (btw: most of the shots, including this one were taken on Charley Young Beach in Kihei, which was across the street from the condo that we rented)

Attached Images

Old Feb 19, 2006, 3:03 AM   #9

Here's one more from that morning:

Attached Images

Old Feb 19, 2006, 3:10 AM   #10

More to come.....