Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:11 AM   #11

IMHO, the best bag on the market for the FZ30........at the lowest price!
It has a couple of small compartments for a micro cloth, extra memory and extra battery..........all this for $19.99.

https://emporium.olympus.com/innards...sku=200671-410

Twitch1977 wrote:
Quote:

Can anyone recommend me a good carrying case for the FZ30, just a standard shoulder bag (not a fanny pack!) would be great. There are so many out there it's hard to know which case will fit which cameras. The stuff in the local stores here are just awful, so I'd like to order something decent.

Thanks
T
Paladin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 3:28 PM   #12

What about the Panasonic case PS-HFZ30 ? The one made for the FZ30? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the Internet.
dmargolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2006, 9:12 PM   #13

How do you hold them? is there a shoulder strap? i dont see one

looks uncomfortable
Magikhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 12:07 AM   #14

Twitch1977 wrote:
Quote:
Is it worth getting a UV filter if for no other reason than to protect the lens? And if so are all UV filters created equal or is there a particular brand I should be more inclined to purchase over the others?

T
Try BandHphoto.com or

http://www.camerafilters.com/

They both have decent prices on the Hoya multicoated filters, but I think camerafilters.com may have the lower price.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2006, 12:13 AM   #15

2grand wrote:
Quote:
Twitch had some good questions, maybe you can help me too.

I want to buy a panasonic lumix dmc z30. Unfortunately no one in my area sells panasonics. Even if I drive 40 miles to the nearest "big" city will I find one to even look at.

I've been searching the Internet and checking out bundled packages on eBay. What do you think of the packages offered on eBay that come with a bag, filter lens, a bag, card reader, 1G card, tripod, etc. Is it better to buy a bundled package or buy the camera and each accessory when needed and where do you find Internet sites to purchase accessories and who has the best price?

I thought the panasonic z30 came with a battery and charger. So right off the bat if you bought just the camera you would have to buy an extra battery and a larger card.

Although bundled packages seem nice I don't need some of the items -- so why pay for them?

I want to buy the camera, but should I buy it bundled or buy everything separately? I'm totally confused.
Don't waste your money on those Ebay or even other dealer packages. There may be some exceptions, but most of that package stuff is junk. As someone else pointed out, BeachCamera aka Buydig has a good price and they are reputable. Right now the silver model is485 and the black499.
Old Apr 23, 2006, 10:05 AM   #16

so beach and buydig are both teh same company?
I thought they were since they both are located in Edison , NJ

I was just looking at circuitcity.com
they want 650$ for the fz30

when you can buy it online for 485$
Old Apr 23, 2006, 2:49 PM   #17

Magikhat wrote:
Quote:

so beach and buydig are both teh same company?
I thought they were since they both are located in Edison , NJ

I was just looking at circuitcity.com
they want 650$ for the fz30

when you can buy it online for 485$
Yup... same company. Not only are they both in Edison, NJ, but they share the same street address. Their email response systems and other things are the same. Beach is their store front operation, but they also operate on the internent. Buydig is internet only. If you look at resellerratings.com you will see them listed BeachCamera/BeachTrading and Buydig/BeachTrading. They usually have the same price, but sometimes I've noticed Buydig is a few bucks cheaper.

Actually Circuit City is 615right now plus they had a 10% off coupon deal going but that still makes them higher. There are plenty of other dealers selling much cheaper than C.C. They did have the best price on the Panasonic TZ1 a couple of days ago, especially withthe 10 % off coupon. With CC, you have to catch just right to get a good deal
Old Apr 24, 2006, 4:17 PM   #18

I have the Lowepro Slingshot 200. A really good camera bag and I highly recommend it.
Donte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 7:59 AM   #19

My FZ30 Arrives today via fedex

But my SD card doesnt arrive until Monday, should be intresting
to see how many pictures the standard 32mb of space can hold!