Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 20, 2006, 2:03 PM   #1

Hi.

following your advices, i already own a Nikon 6T and a Tcon17 for my FZ5

now, taking advantage of a friend of mine who is going to USA on a trip, i'd like to know what you guys adviseme to buy now (low budget here).

are thoseinexpensive batteries on e-bay any good??

shoud i buy a polarizer??

how about a better lens adapter instead of the panasonic's plastic one? i've read about it here in the forum but dont know if its a good buy now with the tcon!

THANKS!
dantept is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2006, 4:32 PM   #2

dantept wrote:
Quote:
Hi.

following your advices, i already own a Nikon 6T and a Tcon17 for my FZ5

now, taking advantage of a friend of mine who is going to USA on a trip, i'd like to know what you guys adviseme to buy now (low budget here).

are thoseinexpensive batteries on e-bay any good??

shoud i buy a polarizer??

how about a better lens adapter instead of the panasonic's plastic one? i've read about it here in the forum but dont know if its a good buy now with the tcon!

THANKS!

Good deal! As to batteries, the Battery Barn is one of the best. Don't know how to have delivery coincide with the visit. A phone call to them might allow for a way to be devised to coincide -- maybe delivery to a motel care of guest?

Polarizer is useful for bright blue sunny skies - linear w/55mm threadsis needed/OK/less expensive than circular.

I bought a HOYA UV(O) filter and, after sanding the excess plastic off the stock Panny adapter, leave it on to keep dust etc out and to offer better, deeper metal threads for the other lens/filters etc... especially for using the TCON17 on the FZ5!
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 6:43 AM   #3

sorry i forgot to tell i already own a inexpensive UV filter (HOYA or KONIX, not sure) exactly for the same purposes.

NOTE: chromatic aberration with this UV filter (at leastwith mine)is real, and can be easily observed for example on pictures of the moon with full zoom.

Also, I'm sure it will be easy to set a delivery at the hotel :-)
dantept is offline   Reply With Quote