Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 20, 2006, 6:20 PM   #1

I tried out my new TCON 14B at a high school concert last week. I was quite impressed with the way the lens performed in tough lighting conditions. I've made a couple of composites and converted them to b&w so that I can fit them in without making them impossibly small.

Top Left: Yes, the percussionist is swinging a baseball bat at a contraption that was specially built for this piece, a march called "Our National Game." The guy who built it is in the background, framed by his device. Clever guy!

Top Right: The handsome trombone player is my youngest son.

Bottom: A panorama of nine photos I took. The shadow in the middle is some tall guy's head! It's not great as panoramas go, but it captured the event.
Attached Images

LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 20, 2006, 6:22 PM   #2

Last one:

Top Left: The pretty flute player is one of my son's best friends.

Top Right: This guy is a senior who will be a college music major next year. He played an interesting timpani solo.

Bottom: My son actually playing his instrument.
Attached Images

LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 6:28 PM   #3

Nice shots Ladyhawk!

The first one of your son is really nice and I'm impressed with the panorama in that tough of lighting conditions.

Looks like your son owns a Blessing T-bone with an F attachment but I could be mistaken about the maker (used to play alot myself)
sprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2006, 8:46 PM   #4

nicely done. looks like that "device" in the top left is a piece of wood hung from a bracket, to simulate the crack of the bat on a baseball - something to insertat appropriate moments in the piece, kinda like the cannons in The 1812 Overture...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote