Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:33 AM   #1

Can someone give me pointers on setting color on printer to look more like what is on screen. I am using PE4 and a HP 3310 series printer. I know there must be something in software that I have not set right. I set the printer up according to the manual. Other things I print seem okay, only when printing from Photoshop. The colors are not quite the same.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 22, 2006, 10:12 AM   #2

I am pretty sure you have the color profile in elements set wrong and adobe help can most likely help you there ...also I am sure the answer is here.

http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7_colour/ps7_1.htm
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2006, 9:27 PM   #3

Thanks, I have just printed out that info about color management and when time permits will really dwelve into. I bookmarked the site as, I explored it somewhat and noted much useful information.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks again, Genece. I have posted a few photos that I took, and thought came out rather good, but I also delete a lot more than I keep. One thing I learned was my camera was on spot metering and I really wasn't focusing correctly with it. Like the other newcomers to photography, I have a lot to learn, but then I am retired now so I do have time to do more of this. Before, it was only point and shoot. I really admire a lot of the photography posted here, and hope someday to come close to these.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Thanks once again.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 8:02 AM   #4

I am sure it will all come together and while I prefered spot meter on the FZ10 and 20 ..I do not use it on the FZ30.....but thats why there are so many settings,

some for you and some for me, we all use a camera differently.

One other thing about the printing for a long time I could not print straight from PS to the printer ....I had to set the printer driver every time.

I really do not know how I fixed that but I did......but I have a Canon printer and I usually use the Canon software to print.....and it always gets it correct.

Just find the pictures in windows and if they look good in picture and fax viewer,on the monitor, they will print the same or the printer driver needs adjusted. the only thing is thesoftware may make a crop you do not care for but you will see it before you print and you can change the crop.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote