Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:17 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
genece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,111
Default

eliminate the middle zero in your picture name and you have it

P1030192 is 3192 photos
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:55 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
kenmck15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,568
Default

very intresting to no thanks genece
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 9:55 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
kenmck15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,568
Default

very intresting to no thanks genece
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:42 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
msantos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 561
Default

sunstorage escribió:
Quote:
I am wondering why Panasonic does not say what is the shutter "life" of their cameras.

Shutter durability applies to D-SLR and SLR because of mechanical mirror movement in every shot. FZ's are not reflex, there are no any mirror moving inside, so don't care about shutter durability.
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:11 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,720
Default

sunstorage wrote:
Quote:
Squirl - the noise that I describe is not the one that can be head from auto metering/focus.
When I put mu ear next to the left of the camera (the lens faced forward from me) I hear some bussy noise - if you are faliliar with electronic componest - like the noise from a "defective" diode.
if it's nice and quiet, and i put my ear up to the left side of my FZ20, i hear a faint whirring sound... like a very tiny cooling fan would make. i don't know for sure what it is, but my FZ has been working perfectly since i got it in late 2004, so i'm not too worried about it...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:14 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,720
Default

genece wrote:
Quote:
eliminate the middle zero in your picture name and you have it

P1030192 is 3192 photos
now where on earth did you find that out, Gene? that's very good to know!!


squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 1:58 AM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 84
Default

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
At my age I just give most people a blank look and shrug my shoulders if they ask "can you hear that?" My hearing is ok for an old guy, but high frequencies and such don't even make a blip on my radar. I believe this is why I am so happy and content. (Ignorance is bliss....?) Heh...heh....if you can't hear an irritating or worrying noise it won't irritate you or worry youI guess. (Just ask my wife...:lol dumm...dee...dummm...deee...dummdummm dummm....what? Did you say something?
Kenneth...that's hilarious and sooo true...i'm in my mid 50's and am in the same boat hearing wise, in fact an Audiologist told me that i had a loss of up to 80% of hearing in certain cycle ranges, the good thing is those cycle ranges are in the same range as a Female s voice...LOL...sorry fot the thread highjack sunstorage...


roy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:43 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 167
Default

msantos wrote:
Quote:
sunstorage escribió:
Quote:
I am wondering why Panasonic does not say what is the shutter "life" of their cameras.

Shutter durability applies to D-SLR and SLR because of mechanical mirror movement in every shot. FZ's are not reflex, there are no any mirror moving inside, so don't care about shutter durability.
10x a lot. I knowit that the FZ is better than any dSLR
It was clear that the durability is based on sime mechanical reason but because the blend is mechanical too I asked this question. 10X a lot ones again
sunstorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 3:44 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 167
Default

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
sunstorage wrote:
Quote:
Squirl - the noise that I describe is not the one that can be head from auto metering/focus.
When I put mu ear next to the left of the camera (the lens faced forward from me) I hear some bussy noise - if you are faliliar with electronic componest - like the noise from a "defective" diode.
if it's nice and quiet, and i put my ear up to the left side of my FZ20, i hear a faint whirring sound... like a very tiny cooling fan would make. i don't know for sure what it is, but my FZ has been working perfectly since i got it in late 2004, so i'm not too worried about it...
Yes this is the sound I describe. 10x a lot for you confurmation that this is normal
sunstorage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 6:25 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Narmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,813
Default

Sunstorage

the noise that you and Squirl describe, which you can only ear in perfect silence and getting your ear very close to the cam, is the OIS in MODE 1.
If you change it to mode 2 (only activating IS when ptaking the shot) that continuous low humming will stop.

I don't know if MSantos' right: it should really refer to the yes minimum cycle of sutter's bladelets...

With FZ20 I was very bothered about proprietary li-ion battery, thinking that in 5-6 years it'd be hard to find replacement (and such batteries cannot last more than 5-6 years before starting to quicklydecrease in their power).
I know that when my FZ20 is 2 years old I'll probably replaCE it with the 40, but I'd probably keep the 20, so I hope batyteries are interchangeable as far as voltage and size.

However electric problems are IMO far more probable than shutters break with FZs.


PS
My FZ20 iscurrently at P1240572 in 14 months (nearly every sunday I shot more than 200 pics), so 24.000 now (nearly nobracketing, some burst mode)
http://digilander.libero.it/peribsen/indice.htm
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:42 AM.