Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:17 AM   #11

New law mandates that all Hawai'ians grow their hair like this guy:

Attached Images

Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:27 AM   #12

Very interesting...I am planning a trip and really found these great to look at.

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 2:29 AM   #13

I would definitely do Maui, esp. if you are going within the next year. Maui will be totally overpopulated in a couple of years. If you like whales definitely go btw Jan-March, when the whales are there. It's breathtaking! That's enough pics for me for tonight, I hope everyone enjoys them, some more to follow...
Attached Images

Old Feb 23, 2006, 3:41 AM   #14

Nice set of pictures again Nancy. Particularly liked No 6, you captured that dog perfectly.

Guess No 8 is the swimming pool for us ordinary mortals who can't run to the Grand Wailea at $600 per night....even segregated between locals and pesky tourists.

The last picture says it all...Great

Fred
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 4:22 AM   #15

Great pics. Yes, Maui is quickly getting crowded. People come, they like what they see, then DON'T LEAVE.

For slower pace and less people, try Kauai. But as the old saying goes "take pictures and leave only footprints".

Aloha

paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 5:26 AM   #16

Thank you all for your kind words. I have heard that Kauai is the most beautiful primarily b/c it is the most untouched. And I left a lot of footprints! Mahalo, all!
Old Feb 23, 2006, 11:29 AM   #17

Awesome series, Nancy.

Humbly, I suggest a caption for number 2 given its wonderfully combined elements of land and sea transport:

"No brakes - No breaks"
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 1:27 PM   #18

Nice series. Looks like it was a great trip.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 1:36 PM   #19

Nice series.

Even the not too PP images show the more aggressive colors o0f FZ30 than its predecessors. Saturation is however not exaggerated and one can easily increase or decrease it setting LOW parameter or with PP.
Furthermore the color accuracy is far more important than color saturation, for the former is harder to adjust (color shifts towards other colors rather than towards more saturated hues of the same color). But i'm running OOT.

About the series, in the last shot I'd liked it was shot higher, so that the upper edge of the wave is was visible behind the baby.

In the second shot, in which you correctly lament that correcting the Background contrast made it too hard in the paddlers', with Photoshop it'd be very easy to adjust it (UNDO BRUSH)

Francesco Narmer

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2006, 2:59 AM   #20

ur right about the undo brush in ps, but who has the time......I use acdsee as my image viewing program, then I just get right into the editing program. If I was printing them, or creating a portfolio then definitely, but now I am way too busy and a few of my friends on this forum have been asking me to put up some pics, so this is the best I can do for now. Hopefully one day I can get my website up n running with all of my finished pics.

Thank you all for your kind words! It is appreciated