Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 9, 2006, 8:50 PM   #211

Hi Raymond

Change of picture is cos the old one is 7yrs old, the new one is about 7 or 8 months old! As for attracting ladies - some hope mate lol

Cheers

Tony
kriptone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 9:12 AM   #212

HEY!!!

So what's happened to that sense of humour of yours???:sad:

Just wait and see how many ladies reply to this Forum - all based on that change of image of yours!!:G

See if I'm wrong! :blah:

Stay strong,

Raymond

RaymondK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2006, 12:23 PM   #213

Greetings one and all

Doubtless you will all of heard of the new FZ50 which has replaced our beloved FZ30 in Panasonic's line up. And NO I don't know why they missed out on the FZ40 either!

I have read various opinions on whether the upgrade from 8 to 10mp is worth it in picture terms. At least one of which doubted it as more pixels on a sensor the same size. Apparently Panasonic have improved the FZ30's noise performance, amongst other things and it got me thinking....

As an FZ30 owner I thought it would be interesting to see the same pics taken on a FZ30 to compare them to the FZ50. I did find a site:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=19641001

which does provide such information. A very quick cut and paste on the jpeg images of both, then a VERY rough edit with Paint and you get the attached, which is unretouched in every way except combining the 2 images. I hope everyone else who maybe considering an upgrade from 30 to 50 finds it useful. Also interesting is the fact that some sites claim that the FZ50 isnt available until September, while others have it in stock, and at a price comparable to the FZ30 (and at some £100 less than I paid for mine!!!) IF I make the swap, I'm going for a black one and going to sell my FZ30 to a mate of mine, who doesn't know it yet but he wants it!

Regards

Tony

Attached Images

Old Aug 21, 2006, 1:23 PM   #214

Hi Tony - & anyone else who might be interesred,

I was very interested to read your thread re the FZ50, since, as you may have read, I have ordered one - and am waiting with baited breathe ! Unfortunately I am still very ignorant about photography, and so did not understand your FZ30/50 comparison photos & would be grateful if you could explain please - even at the risk of depressing me !! However, I'm sure I will be very happy with it. It will be a big step forward from my KM Dimage Z3

I wrote a rather long winded version of this an hour or so ago, but it failed to go 'cos I tried to attach too large a picture.

Keep smiling - in spite of ......................

Ilex
ILEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 2:22 PM   #215

ILEX wrote:
Quote:
Hi Tony - & anyone else who might be interesred,

I was very interested to read your thread re the FZ50, since, as you may have read, I have ordered one - and am waiting with baited breathe ! Unfortunately I am still very ignorant about photography, and so did not understand your FZ30/50 comparison photos & would be grateful if you could explain please - even at the risk of depressing me !! However, I'm sure I will be very happy with it. It will be a big step forward from my KM Dimage Z3

I wrote a rather long winded version of this an hour or so ago, but it failed to go 'cos I tried to attach too large a picture.

Keep smiling - in spite of ......................

Ilex

Ilex, the comparison shows that the FZ50 has better noise behavior than the FZ30, so it's a plus. You see how the FZ50 half is less grainy than the FZ30 half. So it's a good thing.

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 3:11 PM   #216

Ilex,

You can tell we're not typists - Rduve meant to say that the FZ50 (not 30) half is less grainy.

Being honest, it reminds me of my ex-wife with whom it was always what she MEANT to say that was important :G

Tony, I hope you're still in high spirits - please let us know how the founder of the best Forum is these days - ok??

Take care,

Raymond
RaymondK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2006, 4:36 PM   #217

Greetings one and all

Raymond, Rduve suffered a typo methinks! Not the most heinous of crimes lol and he DID say that the 50 has better noise behaviour than the 30 so I think Ilex will have got the picture (sorry!).

My health is not brilliant, but then cancer is like that - good days and bad, on a scale of 1-10 where 1 is the worst and 10 the best its about 4/5 at the moment. Gonna HAVE to get me a woman to sort me out I reckon! Speaking of which, my ex once responded to a question I answered with the classic line "I'll now answer the question you SHOULD have asked" Cheeky sod. Her I mean!

Cheers

Tony
Old Aug 21, 2006, 4:53 PM   #218

RaymondK wrote:
Quote:
Ilex,

You can tell we're not typists - Rduve meant to say that the FZ50 (not 30) half is less grainy.

Being honest, it reminds me of my ex-wife with whom it was always what she MEANT to say that was important :G

Tony, I hope you're still in high spirits - please let us know how the founder of the best Forum is these days - ok??

Take care,

Raymond

Yeah, of course I meant the FZ50 is less grainy than the FZ30. I am fixing the post now. Thanks for catching it.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 4:53 PM   #219

RaymondK wrote:
Quote:
Ilex,

Take care,

Raymond

Yeah, of course I meant the FZ50 is less grainy than the FZ30. I am fixing the post now. Thanks for catching it.
Old Aug 22, 2006, 12:09 PM   #220

Tony, Rduve & Raymondk,

Well, you sure did a fine job trying to confuse me !! However, I got there in the end, and also I now have a better understanding of what "grainy" means - many thanks all.
Being a dozy old septuagenarian I'm finding it very slow going learning about photography, but I'm enjoying every of it, & it is a great help being able to come to you guys for advice now & again.

Tony, if I ever get anything like you have and can be as up-beat as you are, I shall be proud of myself. Good on yer, mate.

Ilex.

P.S. If this is the 2nd version of this it is just finger trouble on my part
ILEX is offline   Reply With Quote