Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 22, 2006, 2:51 PM   #221

Hi Ilex

" Tony, if I ever get anything like you have and can be as up-beat as you are, I shall be proud of myself. Good on yer, mate."

2 observations on that my friend - 1st and foremost - DON'T, It's not to be recommended! 2nd - Well, I might not be able to beat the b*****d but I ain't gonna let it get me down!

Keep on clicking

Tony
kriptone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 1:10 AM   #222

Ilex,

Myself being "over 21" (again and again!! :sad all this business of "grain" is something that, for me at least, doesn't worry me excessively and, only at times, is something that I'm not really able to appreciate even when the "experts" are pointing it out to me. I don't mean that I'm not able to see it (I've just renewed my glasses!!) but, in my case, it's really not a bother.

Perhaps it's that I tend to just "view" my pictures on a PC (21" screen), print the nice ones on 5" x 7" and, very exceptionally, print A4 size - my printerbeing an EPSON STYLUS PHOTO R200.

I don't want to start a "war" here about all of this - I'm just trying to say that I think that grain is also a question of "taste" - those of us (very much) over 21 may remember those lovely GRAINY black and white pictures - I even remember "forcing" the ASA to INCREASE it!!!! :G

Finally, Tony, keep fighting the b**tard - we're all VERY VERY much with you - I think you know that!

Stay strong - and keep posting too please!

Raymond
RaymondK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2006, 3:49 PM   #223

Only a quick note to ALL of you here on this great Forum:

I've not heard anything from Tony (Kriptone) for a very long time and just wondered if anyone else had??????????????????

Not to be alarmist but certainly very very concerned!! :sad:

Thanks,

Raymond
Old Oct 10, 2006, 3:14 PM   #224

Hello RaymondK,

I'm glad you asked because I was wondering the same. I do think of Tony and hope the best.

Hopes and prayers to Tony,

Teree

gotta.learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 10:56 AM   #225

Raymondk,

I think I may have missed your comments about grain in August. Many thanks for your thoughts - they were exactly what I wanted to hear !

Like you - & others - I do hope Tony is OK - or as OK as he can be. I think about him often. Strange when one has never met the guy.

Tony - in case you read this - we are all thinking of you & wishing you well.

Best wishes, Ilex

ILEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2006, 5:37 PM   #226

Hi there Ilex and "gotta.learn" :G

Personally I'm not a religious person (I would say that I was agnostic) and it's not my intention to start another thread here about religion :?

The only thing I just hope is that, with all our thoughts and good wishes from here, it will somehow serve to help Tony overcome his huge burden.

Come on Tony, I'm sure that it's ALL of us here wanting to know how you are - give us a shout as soon as you can - PLEASE!!!

Thanks (from all of us),

Raymond
Old Oct 14, 2006, 11:23 AM   #227

Hi Everyone

Yes. It's your forum starter here! Health has been even more of a pain in the posterior than usual lately, hence the reason I have been quiet! Going into hospital Friday 20th Oct for a day or 3 - having bits of my tubing replaced! Not looking forward to it but needs must!

Anyway, back to the subject of photography! Went to the local boating lake yesterday and the first pic I took turned out, well, a touch strange! Must have been 'cos it was Friday the 13th!!

Exposure details Panasonic FZ30, 1/100sec, f5.6, ISO 80, 420mm Mega OIS on, Normal Program Mode. The picture is a crop from full frame and resized to fit on here.
The bird was flying alone, (I had thought it was others but they would have shown up at least a clearly (pun intended!) as the subject) from left to right as you look at it.

I KNOW it isn't a particularly good picture but thought I'd post it anyway cos I think it is so weird! Given the exposure details and dull lighting conditions I would have expected some camera shake movement, which is indeed what I got, but not the faint images of the bird IN FRONT OF IT it as indicated by the marking around it (I can drive Microsoft Paint - just lol!) Anyone got any suggestions? My first thought was I'd broken my camera! However, this effect doesn't appear on any of the other shots I took during the same session and many of them, certainly the next few anyway, were taken without experimenting with MEGA OIS settings etc.

I don't think I could replicate the effect if I tried!

Cheers everyone

Tony
Attached Images

kriptone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 12:03 PM   #228

Hi Tony, good to see you back. I hope you'll continue to manage your health situation with such good spirits. As far as the picture is concerned, could that not simply be some blurred twigs in the trees or some brush or something of that sort, making it look like moving objects because of the camera shake? By the way, the camera has a "Panning" mode which allows you to move the camera with the moving subject, keeping it in focus, but blurring the background (if you are physically up to it). This is accomplished by disabling the horizontal Image stabilization. In any case, I would not be too worried about your camera. Seems like some blurred background objects to me.

Be well.

Rainer

euromaninla.zoto.com/galleries
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2006, 9:12 PM   #229

Hi, Tony. Great to see you back. Hope all goes well on the pain in the butt problem. But do keep us all posted as we are in your corner.

Jerry
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2006, 6:50 AM   #230

Hi, Tony,

Good to see you back, but sorry to hear about the tube problem. I do hope all goes at least as well as can be expected during your forthcoming spell in dry dock.

Re. your mystery photo - I would agree with "rduve" and put my money on twigs - but as I am probably one of the most ignorant members of the forum it would only be a very small amount of money.

Best wishes, Ilex.
ILEX is offline   Reply With Quote