Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 25, 2006, 6:33 PM   #1

The new Sony superzoom is announced. This new RAW NR system might be interesting. It could be the wanted technology for people who want cleaner photos at high ISO on their prosumers. I hope it's the breakthrough that everyone's been waiting for. We'll have to wait and see I guess. After viewing the samples of the FZ 7's new higher ISO boost , I really don't know why Panasonic even bothered. Image quality was, I thought, almost embarrassing. If the Sony developement is a big breakthrough, it probably won't be long before the other manufacturers follow suit. Lets hope Panasonic is the first to do so. Could give me a reason to sell my DSLR..............cheers........(I still love my FZ15).....thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 25, 2006, 7:14 PM   #2

Some interseting specs on the cams - but they seem to squeezing even more pixels on to an already tiny sensor - 7MP on a 1/2.5" CCD ? Unless Sony have a brand new sensor I can;t see how any of these two new sony's will have less noise than the FZ7. I agree on the high boost ISO's - theyre crap and why Pana didn;t intro the VEnuss III into the FZ7 as they have with the TZ1 its just silly not too. These new Sony's also go up to ISo 1000 so It'll be interesting to see how they deal with it.

Cheers

HarjTT

:?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2006, 10:44 PM   #3

Yes, I agree about the sensor being small with all those pixels. Maybe they have something new up their sleeve with this RAW NR system. We'll have to see the samples when the reviews come out.........thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote