Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 26, 2006, 8:24 PM   #1

I can get this flash for 35.00 + shipping. Has range of 33ft. Not the most powerful but all that I would need. Anyone know anything about it.
nyjets011269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:06 PM   #2

I would imagine it depends on what you going to do with it ...it would be a benifit on the FZ10 or 5 ...but its not much more powerful the FZ30 flash
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:09 PM   #3

Then what would be th e minimum ie: cheapest flash I can get. I only want it just in case and will not use it too much. Thank's.
Old Feb 26, 2006, 9:51 PM   #4

A couple things to keep in mind.

1) Trigger voltage. Most modern Panasonic cameras have a limit of 24 volts DC. Checkyour particular camera, and flash, manual for specifications. Exceeding trigger voltage might damage the camera! The manufacturer of the flash`s website should be able to provide the info also. If the manufacturer website doesn`t providesaid trigger voltage info, you should be able to e-mail them and ask, and hopefully you`ll get an accurate reply.

2) flash angle. How wide of an area does the flash cover? Is the flash area sufficient for your lense?

Anybody else have any input on the subject?
John H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 2:04 PM   #5

Most if not all new flashes will be safe for the Panasonic cameras in fact they are all safe for canon cameras which can only handle 6 volt trigger voltage.

Since I think were talking the FZ30 I am sure I saw somewhere the effective flash range is 27 ft which is a guide # of about 55 ft....And the guide # of a sunpak 383 is 112 ft or twice as powerful......there are some flashes more powerful but the price is pretty expensive.

I guess its what you will settle for.. maybe something like this

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2006, 9:51 PM   #6

Thank's genece. Taht helps.