Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:57 PM   #21

bmccoy wrote:
Quote:
I believe it does an internal interpolation back to a full resolution size. I'll check the original when I get home
Brett - What's the verdict on this?There is a goodaction photo (table tennis)with the fz7 at 1/20s, f2.8, andiso1600 here. The original size is full resolution albiet 16/9 (2816x1584). Was your flower shot 2816x2112?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 11:16 PM   #22

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
bmccoy wrote:
Quote:
I believe it does an internal interpolation back to a full resolution size. I'll check the original when I get home
Brett - What's the verdict on this?There is a goodaction photo (table tennis)with the fz7 at 1/20s, f2.8, andiso1600 here. The original size is full resolution albiet 16/9 (2816x1584). Was your flower shot 2816x2112?
Yes It is. I just finished checking. The original is 2816x2112 and file size is about same as other images 2.5 meg. I know I read something about it taking the image at lower resolution and then "bumping" it back up to full 6mp size. I think that is why you loose detail, and the images are soft in focus. But it's a start! I'll use it when I have no other way to get a good image. Nice feature to have in my opinion.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:52 AM   #23

bmccoy wrote:
Quote:
I know I read something about it taking the image at lower resolution and then "bumping" it back up to full 6mp size. I think that is why you loose detail, and the images are soft in focus. But it's a start! I'll use it when I have no other way to get a good image. Nice feature to have in my opinion.
I agree. it is a nice feature. I suppose if one were taking a series of high sensitivity shots, it might be best to set the picture size to 2mp or 3mp since the resampling up to 6mp seems useless and takes up more room on ther card. How about taking aniso1600 shot at2mp and6mp and comparing?
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:50 AM   #24

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
bmccoy wrote:
Quote:
I know I read something about it taking the image at lower resolution and then "bumping" it back up to full 6mp size. I think that is why you loose detail, and the images are soft in focus. But it's a start! I'll use it when I have no other way to get a good image. Nice feature to have in my opinion.
I agree. it is a nice feature. I suppose if one were taking a series of high sensitivity shots, it might be best to set the picture size to 2mp or 3mp since the resampling up to 6mp seems useless and takes up more room on ther card. How about taking aniso1600 shot at2mp and6mp and comparing?
I like that idea. I'll give it a try later and let you all be the judge. Fred you are the man! This turned out much better @ 3mp then the first one @6mp.

-Brett
Attached Images

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:39 PM   #25

All right everyone. went to the home and garden show. Another fair to poor light setting. Here is a sample of a 3mp image taken in ISO 800. Not the best but still good "snap shot" quality in my book.

Sorry for the larger size but I wanted to give an idea of detail so I kept this one and the next larger. Enjoy.
Attached Images

Old Mar 3, 2006, 10:41 PM   #26

One more from the show this one is in ISO 100, F 2.8, 1/8th sec.
Attached Images

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:46 PM   #27

Brett, thank you so much for your effort to share the samples of FZ7.
I think FZ7 should be just nice camera for me :idea:
armadilloshield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 11:14 AM   #28

Brett - I took the liberty of posting the iso1600flower shots together for easier comparison. IMO, the difference is significant. The slow shutter may have resulted in some camera shake although the clearer 3mp shotis the slower of the the two -1/13s vs 1/15s.How aboutstarting a newthreaddedicated tohigh iso comparisons at different resolutions using a tripod (OIS off) to rule out camera shake and what not. There also may be some effect in resizing from 6mp vs resizing from 3mp. Comparative 100% crops should rule that out. Basically, it comes down to what the prints look like.

FZ7: 6x zoom, iso1600, 1/15s, f3.3, full 6mb resolution, resize only

FZ7: 6x zoom, iso1600, 1/13s, f3.3,3mp resolution, resize only