Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 1, 2006, 3:19 PM   #11

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
I am assuming your times are from shutter trip to clear screen and ready to shoot again. I timed the 150X GXT this way. It took about 3 sec to shoot, after which it displayed the shot, frozen on screen, and then another 3 or 4 sec to do the second half of the operation in which time the photo was displayed on the lcd but not ready to shoot until the end of the entire 7 second sequence. If I read your data right Gene, your fastest times enable you to shoot in 3 sec in tiff. I reformatted and also initiated the "clean up" process described in the manual and it had no effect on this card. Slow slow slow....slow. So, unless I can figure out some other reason why I'm getting the same times as my inexpensive plain Jane sandisks, this one will be back on the store shelf this afternoon. Their staff are quite friendly and helpful, and I think I'll ask them to pop the card in the FZ 30 they have on display to see if they echo my results. Thank you for posting your data, it is exactly what I was looking to read.

Kd

Yes Kenneth it is the time to clear and be ready to shoot again on the faster cards in RAW,I can take the second shot 3 seconds after I pressed the shutter for the first shot and it takes a little time to recognize its ready and push the shutter.

And do not forget the good light part.

And I have owned 2 cards that were suppose to be fast but were not ...and as I said they are gone....one was a Dane-Electric and the other was a Sandisk ultra.

But they were gone before the FZ30, I sold the Sandisk and gave the DE away.

And Bill the FZ20 benefits from nothing over 32X....the 32 X lexars are as fast as any in the FZ20....IMHO

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:01 PM   #12

Kenneth, For a few dollars more you could have gotten a 2GB SanDisk Ultra II from Amazon for $99. For some reason I've found the 2GB card, (SanDisk Ultra II), to be faster than my SanDisk Ultra II 1GB card. Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 4:53 PM   #13

tiger98 wrote:
Quote:
Kenneth, For a few dollars more you could have gotten a 2GB SanDisk Ultra II from Amazon for $99. For some reason I've found the 2GB card, (SanDisk Ultra II), to be faster than my SanDisk Ultra II 1GB card. Jim
Do you happen to know the write speeds? This one I've been testing was supposed to write at 22 MB per sec...I think the Ultra ll was 9 Mb per sec...

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 6:07 PM   #14

Kenneth, This site has all the info I could find on the 2GB card. Jim

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Item(1164)-SDSDH-2048-SanDisk_Ultra_II_SD_2GB.aspx
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 6:50 PM   #15

Yeeee...up! I brought my 150X card back to the store. Out of curiousity while there we loaded it into an FZ 30 on display. It shot a tiff in 5 sec + or - but still not as fast as I had hoped. (Oddly about 2 sec faster than in mine) But rated at 22mb per sec, I don't believe it lived uo to it's billing. Sales guy was surprised too. Saga ends there. Thanks all, for helping me out.

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote