Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:14 AM   #1

Well, today was on leave, and just spent 2hrs+ at the Botanical Gardens.....was really frustrating and could not find much subject to shoot. Anyway, while finishing off in the last half hr, I spotted a Orb spider in the leaf and started to snap at it (did not turn out nice.) But what surprised me was that a Ciliate Blue (I think...pls help confirm) landed on my left hand while I was taking pics of the spider!:?

As I mentioned before, I really have problems taking butts, cos they fly off b4 I could take them, but this fella landed on my hand and ate my sweat....YUCKS!

Anyway, here are some pics of it. Also took a pattern of a leaf for fun. Appreciate your comments. Thanks!

FZ10+6T+Sigma CU, Ext bounce flash, ISO 50, F8

#1:Ciliate Blue on my hand.
1/200s

#2: Another angle....move my hand to change BG
1/200s

#3: One more
1/200s

#4: Patterns
1/100s

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:44 AM   #2

Nice photos, amazed that the butterfly stayed on your hand long enough for you to focus on it. I have enjoyed looking at all your macros. They are good, and always well focused. Before I try macros, I have yet alot to learn about focusing and DOF.

How do you manage to post several different photos in the same post?

Jerry

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2006, 9:54 AM   #3

[img]ghd[/img][img]dghd[/img]Thanks! the Butt was feeding on my perspiration, so I had time to shoot it and even change my BG seletion.

Posting wise, I post this at a local forum and copied and pasted it here too. The image format are the same. I guess one can do it if you edit the text in WORD or Notepad and insert images with the [img] [/img] tag.

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
Nice photos, amazed that the butterfly stayed on your hand long enough for you to focus on it. I have enjoyed looking at all your macros. They are good, and always well focused. Before I try macros, I have yet alot to learn about focusing and DOF.

How do you manage to post several different photos in the same post?

Jerry

Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:48 AM   #4

Dear Tchuanye

good shots, but above all thanks for inspiring me a further thread (which I ll post later tonight), about all the animals I have had on my fingers and in my hands.

Observing your shots it's a pity that you rarely manage to photograph butterflies.
If butterflies could see your internet sitethey'd surely get less shy when you approach them.

Narmer

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:10 PM   #5

Thanks Narmer for your kind comments!
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:38 AM   #6

Beautiful pictures! bentleysmom
bentleysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:56 AM   #7

Hi there! Thanks for your comments! Really appreciate them!

How are you doing? Heard about what happen, pray that you will reamin strong in the Lord. You may not know why this is happening (as per Job), but the Lord has His own purpose.

May you continue to:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,who have been called according to his purpose. (Rom 8:28 )

Whatever the Lord plans, He has His purposes. May the love of our Lord comfort you, and keep you in His peace.

All of us will one day meet Him, and if we are in Him, we will see Him face to face and what a joyous day that will be!

Take care Bentleysmom!

CY

bentleysmom wrote:
Quote:
Beautiful pictures! bentleysmom