Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 1, 2006, 10:07 AM   #1

After reading the current posts on focusing problems I tried using Ap Mode, MF and the focus button in the FZ 30. The attached is hand held, 12X, 8mp, f 11 1/20 ISO 80, AF assist off and all other settings normal. PP included a crop, "Noiseware" for some noise removal and resize for uploading. Maybe it is still not the best the camera and I can do but it is a large improvement..... Practice helps... Thanks to all who give advice and suport on this forumn. Keep it coming... NormW
Attached Images

reklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2006, 12:39 PM   #2

Only my opinion but I think for handheld you should have opened the aperture a bit to maybe F6.3 and the shutterspeed would have been faster enabling handholding a little better but you did a good job for 1/20 second.

Also are you sure it needed any NR?
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:18 AM   #3

Are you using IS? Try mode 2...
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:05 AM   #4

genace... I wanted to get some DOF for trial reasons therefore the small f stop. The NR was to see if there was a significant dif. (Not much)
KENNETHD... Yes , use Mode 2 most all the time. Usually use a tripod but was on a learning shoot. The horses are right out the back door, so will continue to see what I can do with the camera and the results will help with future shots that will be serious.. Having used a SLR 35mm for too many years, this camera is GREAT. NW
reklaw is offline   Reply With Quote