Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 2, 2006, 12:45 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
treed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 118
Default

What up guy's?! Well here's my first example of what the nikon 4t lens can achieve. I just have to say it's freakin incredible how much detail you can get with this.
Shutter Speed: 2 sec
F-Stop: f/5.6
ISO: 80
Metering Mode: Spot
White Balance: Manual






and 100% crop...



treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2006, 2:16 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
treed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 118
Default

Wow, is my image really that bad to get no replies? Damn, and this isn't the first time this has happened either.
treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:24 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
rcci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 117
Default

I think it is a cool shot, I just had nothing to say.
rcci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:30 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 84
Default

hey treed...as clear as that is, you did use a tripod didn't you?
roy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:41 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
digcamfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 3,422
Default

Hey, treed...just thought you might want to know this:

(from Secret Service web site)

"Printed reproductions, including photographs of paper currency, checks, bonds, postage stamps, revenue stamps, and securities of the United States and foreign governments (except under the conditions previously listed) are violations of Title 18, Section 474 of the United States Code. Violations are punishable by a fine or imprisonment for up to 15 years, or both. "


Go here (below) to read more:

http://www.secretservice.gov/money_law.shtml
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 4:56 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Will.Blaschko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 176
Default

It says we can make all the fake nickles and dimes we want. So... I'm going to go make lots of nickels, and then buy a car. I'll come by and pick you guys up in my 'stang.
Will.Blaschko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 5:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
fmoore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,116
Default

treed wrote:
Quote:
Wow, is my image really that bad to get no replies?
Yea, it's pretty bad but that doesn't mean it shouldn't get a reply. The shallow dof puts most of the image oof at the angle from which it was taken. You need to get the camera lens 90 degrees to the bill; right up on top of it, not off to the side. That way the whole frame from edge to edge will be in focus and it will be a much more pleasing shot. You might also back off on zoom a little so that GW's face is complete.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 8:19 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
treed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
hey treed...as clear as that is, you did use a tripod didn't you?
Yes.
Quote:
Hey, treed...just thought you might want to know this:

(from Secret Service web site)

"Printed reproductions, including photographs of paper currency, checks, bonds, postage stamps, revenue stamps, and securities of the United States and foreign governments (except under the conditions previously listed) are violations of Title 18, Section 474 of the United States Code. Violations are punishable by a fine or imprisonment for up to 15 years, or both. "

Damn, that's retarded. A dollar bill has a lot of detail on it so that's why I used it. But seriously man, they're a wee bit strict there.


Quote:
Yea, it's pretty bad but that doesn't mean it shouldn't get a reply. The shallow dof puts most of the image oof at the angle from which it was taken. You need to get the camera lens 90 degrees to the bill; right up on top of it, not off to the side. That way the whole frame from edge to edge will be in focus and it will be a much more pleasing shot. You might also back off on zoom a little so that GW's face is complete.
Yeah I guess afterall it's a terrible picture, but thanks mr. critical.
treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2006, 10:58 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 194
Default

Thought the pics were good. As for the restrictions...how bloody ridiculous. Our latest is that we aren't allowed to photograph children on the beach or at the swimming pool. I can understand it as there are indeed a lot of wierdies about with mobile phone cameras but the restrictiuons include your own kids. I'd love to take a photo of the local beach when the water is blue, the water sports are on but darn it there are some children swimming!
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 2:42 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 163
Default

Hi ya Treed

I bet ya wished you kept quiet now ha ha ha but you did ask for a reply ha ha ha

Why don't you crop it so you can just see whats in focus you can have it widescreen then just a thought.

keep posting your pics treed is nice to see other people trying out different lenses

I've got the FZ20 with mcon 35 and the mcon 40 and havent posted any pics cuz none have been that great and believe me the subjects of my pics arnt anywhere as good as the subject of your photo.

for example a closeup of the air vent im my van Exciting stuff. ha ha ha

But it looks like the Nikon 4t done a good job.

mark


wadge1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:30 AM.