Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 3, 2006, 7:37 PM   #1

went to my local park this afternoon, it was sorta sunny, and got some shots of the local fauna... all with TCON-14B on my FZ20...

this eagle was about 150 yards away...

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2006, 8:44 PM   #2

Again excellent pictures Rocky. No 1 looks very sad or is it distrustful?

The ducks are beautiful although the photo looks a bit hard to me. I would't dare to criticise the Squirl, but are they a bit oversharpened...Fred
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 9:13 PM   #3

Wow, excellent!
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2006, 9:38 PM   #4

by all means, Fred, critique away! Lord knows i can always use tips to improve!! actually, aside from some cropping and a pass through Neat Image, the duck shots are right out of the camera. i do have the sharpening set to high in my camera, which certainly might account for it, but itdoesn't seem tohave that effect on most ofmy pics.i've noticed that sometimes Neat Image does that, too. i don't quite know why, but some shots come out a little over sharp. maybe somethnig to do with the noise reduction algorithm... :?

i think the blackbird was a bit suspicious... i was only about 15 feet away, and i think he wanted to make sure i wasn't going to have him for supper! :G

Old Mar 4, 2006, 6:04 PM   #5

Great Series Squirl

Personally I keep STD Sharpening on my FZ20 (sometimes even LOW). Only very very very few times tried it HIGH.
I recommend not to keep it High, for it's better to do that in PP (Noise Reducing plugins can apply USM at the same time as NR)

Some details in #3, 4 (edge of the golden color part of the germane, and crest in the nr. 3) look aliased, but only at a careful examen, and they re not really too oversharpened IMO. Did you also use Digital zoom for the eagle or was it a 100% or nearly 100% crop ?
Very satisfyingresult considering the distance
Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2006, 8:04 PM   #6

no digital zoom... just cropped and some NR... i did have my TCON14-B on, though.