Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:25 PM   #21

Again, my deepest thanks. You all have given so much of yourselves to try and help me. I really appreciated the photo examples and all your comments, suggestions and support. So here goes! http://community.webshots.com/album/548275831CoIdPZ

Dumb subject matter, doesn't matter it was just a test. The first five were shot inside with the flash. The only real problem was that the maroon wallpaper turned out pink. I was well enough pleased with them and the ones outside, but if any of you want to put a critical eye on them, it will be very much appreciated. I can take the hit, so be real up front with what you think (except for subject and composition - I didn't even really try)

OK, I am feeling *much* better.

Debbie
Capella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:46 PM   #22

I relly don't see any problems with the pictures. The one that you said the focus jumped to the candle, what were you focusing on?

As for color I usually use color cast because getting the flash to color a scene right is just too much trouble when in a hurry.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:49 PM   #23

pagerboy wrote:
The one that you said the focus jumped to the candle, what were you focusing on?

--------------------

The candle - LOL. What is "color cast??" Just curious. Thanks so much for taking the time to look.

Debbie

Capella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:54 PM   #24

hey debbie, im not quite sure what ou are not liking about the photos so i assumed tht the colours out of place were annoying you. personally i thnk you may have the saturation set to hi on the cam. personaly i always leave mine at normal. i prefer the cam not to adjust anything when i take a shot.

In the folowing i just didi an auto levels with photoshop and reduced the saturation to -15 to try counteract the hi saturation settting you have selectec on your cam. do the colors look more tru now. I dont no bcse i havent seen the actual subjects?

Attached Images

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:55 PM   #25

Attached Images

Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:55 PM   #26

i couldnt see anything wrong with this one, but anyways
Attached Images

Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:56 PM   #27

persoally i dont think you should ever have hi saturation when taking images of ppl. you will get red skins no matter. i had to do further mods to try reduce this red tinge over the skin. is it more tru now. like is the couch ment to be tht shade?
Attached Images

Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:57 PM   #28

would you mind saying what you dont like about the images,. and for some reason i cant access your exif information either
Old Mar 5, 2006, 7:59 PM   #29

The Color Cast command changes the overall mixture of colors in an image for generalized color correction.

When a picture is taken of snow it sometimes looks blue, use color cast to show what should be black, gray or white which will correct the rest of the photo.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:04 PM   #30

this image here will be a metering issue. you cant use average metering when there is a dark foreground and bright background. centre weighted would have been ideal here. aim your cetnre weight exposure around whree i have marked. well this is where i would aim anyways

you should get an end result like ht eafter image.
Attached Images