Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:07 PM   #31

same principle here. just metering issue i think.
Attached Images

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:10 PM   #32

No! I like the photos. I am so much happier with them. I didn't mean to imply otherwise, I just mentioned that the wallpaper turned pink. Obviously I was focusing on the candle.

How great of you to take the shots and mess with them. I have now officially set all the picture adjusments to std. I re-took the candle shots. In the first one I sat on the love seat and zoomed in, like I had done before. On the second one I zoomed with my feet and got closer to the whole thing. Obviously shot number two is a bomb, but I am sure it was *me* not that camera. They are the last two in this album. http://community.webshots.com/album/548275831CoIdPZ

Deb

Capella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:16 PM   #33

ahh i thought so, i looked at the photos and thought ther aint really anythig wrong with em.
Oh and a suggestion. when taking those close photos of your candle try keep cam at widest angle and move in a dselect macro for focus mode and you will get nice and sharp close up.

sittin gback and zooming up will limit your ability to full the feram with smal items as the cam moves further into telephoto.

but hey practise makes perfect. so you gona keep the cam?
Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:19 PM   #34

Capella wrote:
Quote:
pagerboy wrote:
The one that you said the focus jumped to the candle, what were you focusing on?

--------------------

The candle - LOL. What is "color cast??" Just curious. Thanks so much for taking the time to look.

Debbie

just as the name says. its just an overall casted tone over the image. i photoshoped one of my old images with a bluey colour cast to give you an idea.
Attached Images

Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:21 PM   #35

Wow, you guys are all over this. I had better quit while I'm behind Things are rapidly zipping over my head. I really appreciate you all pointing out the various things. When I get to work tomorrow, I'm going to print this whole thread (printer at work is much faster) and save it.

It is so nice to just feeling like I'm getting somewhere, instead of fighting the tide every step of the way. You all are treasures.

Debbie
Old Mar 5, 2006, 8:28 PM   #36

but hey practise makes perfect. so you gona keep the cam?

Yes!! I'll keep the dumb thing - LOL. I've gained more ground in a day than I have in three months. Plus, I already know it's a devil and where it's devilish controls are, so I'll hang tough.

Believe it or not, I actually already knew how to do close-up work with the camera. Leaving the lens at it's widest angle etc.

Hey, the color cast overlay was very cool. I guess it goes without saying that I don't know how to use photoshop

Debbie

Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:39 AM   #37

Was that picture straight out of the camera or did you manipulate it ?

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
good focus outdoors

videosilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 3:44 AM   #38

videosilva wrote:
Quote:
Was that picture straight out of the camera or did you manipulate it ?

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
good focus outdoors

i did some levls adjustment and resize. improve saturation slightly and suttle unsharp masking
Old Mar 6, 2006, 9:09 AM   #39

Hi Debbie,

I am glad that your photos are improving in your estimation

Also, just by bringing your concern to this forum, I learned some "tidbits" from some other members who contributed.

Big one to me is: Don't use hi sat on people pics. I will definitely incorporate this.

Also, though post processing is the norm in dig photography, I would like to get so good and use my FZ30 so well so that post processing would not absolutely be necessary! :idea:

A fellow FZ30 owner(and former Olympus E20 owner),

Digcamfan

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 11:01 AM   #40

Digicamfam,

I'm glad you also gained some tips. It took a lot for me to make this post, but I was nearly over the edge I'm still overwhelmed at how folks took me under their wing to help me. I've read the board for a while, but rarely if ever posted because everybody else was raving about the cam and getting great shots, and then there was me - LOL.

Guess I just needed my hand held, my head patted, and my bottom kicked in the right direction!

Like you, I don't want to mess with a lot of post production either. I work all week, cram daily living into evenings and weekend and make time for my hobby, photography. I don't use high end software for my post production work and just do small tweaks. I just don't have the energy while learning the camera, to try and learn Photoshop.

Debbie