Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 6, 2006, 12:44 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13
Default

Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade my current FZ3
Most of my photo needs are family gatherings & indoors and outdoors.
Landscapes, and some wildlife.
With all this hoopla about Noise, I am sort of leery about upgrading to a FZ30 or FZ7 & FZ5, I usually shoot in the P mode letting the camera make most of the setting, once in a while I do make some changes to the setting to see if I can improve the picture. So give me your honest advice.

Thank you,

ddr48
ddr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 6, 2006, 1:04 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
bmccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 362
Default

ddr48 wrote:
Quote:
Hello all,

I am looking to upgrade my current FZ3
Most of my photo needs are family gatherings & indoors and outdoors.
Landscapes, and some wildlife.
With all this hoopla about Noise, I am sort of leery about upgrading to a FZ30 or FZ7 & FZ5, I usually shoot in the P mode letting the camera make most of the setting, once in a while I do make some changes to the setting to see if I can improve the picture. So give me your honest advice.

Thank you,

ddr48
Well I don't know if you noticed this post on page two but if not you may want to read it over. http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23

I went from the FZ3 to the 7 and am very happy. The weather has not allowed me to take many pics yet but from the testing I've done I don't think I will have any concerns. I had wanted to go to the FZ5 for a long time but the price just was not dropping fast enough for me to make the jump. Then the FZ7 hit the online stores and it was cheaper then even the best price I could find on the 5 so I jumped on it.

If most of your needs are prints 5x7 or smaller I don't think you have any worries about noise. If from time to time you want to go MUCH bigger then the FZ7's extra pixels will help a lot if you get a good clean image. Hope this helps.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 3:31 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13
Default

Hi Brett,

Thank you for the info on the FZ7, Would it be better if I bought the FZ30, I can get it for about $80 over the FZ7. with the FZ30 you have a hotshoe too.

Thanks again

ddr48
ddr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 4:17 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
bmccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 362
Default

ddr48 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Brett,

Thank you for the info on the FZ7, Would it be better if I bought the FZ30, I can get it for about $80 over the FZ7. with the FZ30 you have a hotshoe too.

Thanks again

ddr48
I really can't say if it would be better for you or not. For me the 30 is just a little bit bigger then I wanted to go in size. I like it, and would not have minded having a 30 but I only planned on buying one so it was the FZ7. I have a digital slave flash so the hotshoe is no big deal for me.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 5:22 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 13
Default

Hi Brett,

where did you buy your digital slave flash from ?

How much did it cost ?

What type of flash range are you getting with it ?

ddr48














ddr48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2006, 9:37 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
bmccoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 362
Default

ddr48 wrote:
Quote:
Hi Brett,

where did you buy your digital slave flash from ?

How much did it cost ?

What type of flash range are you getting with it ?

ddr48
I picked up the Vivitar DF200 off ebay for about thirty. You can get them new from b&h and a few other places. It has a guide number of 92 so it's much more powerful then the on board one.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:34 AM.