Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Panasonic / Leica (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica-29/)
-   -   Phayee remote shutter release problems. (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/panasonic-leica/82929-phayee-remote-shutter-release-problems.html)

Puddock Mar 7, 2006 2:15 AM

I need help. Been messing about with my Phayee remote shutter release which arrived today. Something is wrong because I cant get it to work consistently.

In fact I could only get it to fire the camera on about six shots out of say 50 attempts. A device this simple should not need instructions but I certainly need some advice before dismissing the thing as faulty.

The FZ30 instruction book, when referring to the Panasonic remote says,

" You cannot operate the camera with the remote shutter in the following cases.

–When the power save mode is cancelled...." - whatever that means.

So, Phayee users, Does the camera have to be ON or OFF when you plug in the remote?

Does it work at all settings, (Auto, P A S M), Does the camera shutter button still work when the remote is plugged in?

Does the 'power save" setting make any diff? Why is nothing ever straightforward anymore?

thanks in anticipation,

Max

genece Mar 7, 2006 8:58 AM

Puddock wrote:
Quote:

I need help. Been messing about with my Phayee remote shutter release which arrived today. Something is wrong because I cant get it to work consistently.

In fact I could only get it to fire the camera on about six shots out of say 50 attempts. A device this simple should not need instructions but I certainly need some advice before dismissing the thing as faulty.

The FZ30 instruction book, when referring to the Panasonic remote says,

" You cannot operate the camera with the remote shutter in the following cases.

–When the power save mode is cancelled...." - whatever that means.

So, Phayee users, Does the camera have to be ON or OFF when you plug in the remote?
Quote:

It does not matter if the camera is on or off but the remote will not wake the camera from sleep mode as the shutter button does.You need to wake the camera with the shutterbutton or the on/off switch.
Quote:


Does it work at all settings, (Auto, P A S M), Does the camera shutter button still work when the remote is plugged in?
Quote:

Yes
Quote:



Does the 'power save" setting make any diff? Why is nothing ever straightforward anymore?
Quote:

No
Quote:


thanks in anticipation,

Max

I have notice nothing that keeps it from working ...are you sure it pushed all the way in.

Maybe the remote is faulty

Tazzie Mar 7, 2006 9:13 AM

Never had any problem with it. Always works like the regular shutter release half press and all. e-mail Ron with the problem and ask for a replacement.

Puddock Mar 7, 2006 4:08 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

Looks like I got a dud or there is a problem with the socket on the camera.

Thanks again.

Max


Tazzie Mar 7, 2006 4:14 PM

A decent meter should discern which is bad. I'd bet on the remote.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2