Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 8, 2006, 8:52 PM   #11

slipe wrote:
Quote:
meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Interesting points and they did cross my mind. Does the eye cup add anything except to eliminate reflection?

You can see the EVF a lot better without transient light from outside. A lot of people have added eyecups to various cameras including FZs and were happy with the results.

Is that a universal item or model specific?
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 9:59 PM   #12

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:

Is that a universal item or model specific?
There was a Nikon eyecup that fit the FZ10 & 20 perfectly. I don't know about the FZ30.

I had ordered an eyecup for my old D7i from Orion Telescopes and ordered 3 since I was paying the shipping and they were cheap. It took a little modification to get one on my FZ10 but it worked fine. I would recommend the Nikon cup if it fits though.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:40 PM   #13

slipe wrote:
Quote:
There was a Nikon eyecup that fit the FZ10 & 20 perfectly. I don't know about the FZ30.

I had ordered an eyecup for my old D7i from Orion Telescopes and ordered 3 since I was paying the shipping and they were cheap. It took a little modification to get one on my FZ10 but it worked fine. I would recommend the Nikon cup if it fits though.

What size are the threads on the front of the lens?
Old Mar 8, 2006, 11:48 PM   #14

Thread size is 55mm
rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:44 AM   #15

Black cameras take much better pictures. So a black FZ30 would take better pictures than a silver FZ30.

However the difference is not so marked that it is worth someone with a silver FZ3 (me) upgrading to a black FZ3.

But if buying a camera it is worth remembering that the black camera will outperform the silver in almost every situation.

The one situation I can think of where the black camera CAN be at a disadvantage is when trying to find it quickly in a dark room without putting the light on.

Cheers

deranged of France
alandavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:53 AM   #16

alandavey wrote:
Quote:
The one situation I can think of where the black camera CAN be at a disadvantage is when trying to find it quickly in a dark room without putting the light on.

Cheers

deranged of France

There is no need for a dark room with a digital camera. LOL
Old Mar 9, 2006, 12:32 PM   #17

Oh yes! Even more reason to buy black!
alandavey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Black cameras take much better pictures. So a black FZ30 would take better pictures than a silver FZ30.

However the difference is not so marked that it is worth someone with a silver FZ3 (me) upgrading to a black FZ3.

But if buying a camera it is worth remembering that the black camera will outperform the silver in almost every situation.
Where did you find that absurd bit of inaccurate information? If the inside of the lens shade was silver it would certainly give all sorts of fogging and reflection problems. But it is flat black on silver cameras just like on the black ones. They are exactly the same camera and perform exactly the same.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 1:19 PM   #19

I have a black FZ20. I preferred the look of the black finish.

I'm also absolutely certain that black cameras take better pictures than silver ones. I'm sure this issue was studied in great depth at extraordinary expense and published in a learned academic journal, perhaps the International Quarterly of Digital Photography and Imaging. If the academics have not examined the issue (though it's hard to believe they would not have done so), then perhaps a government study should be undertaken. Better yet, the government could establish a scholarship fund so that aspiring graduate students anywhere in the world could write dissertations on the subject. That would surely lead to a definitive, scientifically based conclusion.

Until then, I will rest secure in my own intuitive sense that black is indeed the superior camera color.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:00 PM   #20

slipe wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Where did you find that absurd bit of inaccurate information? If the inside of the lens shade was silver it would certainly give all sorts of fogging and reflection problems. But it is flat black on silver cameras just like on the black ones. They are exactly the same camera and perform exactly the same.

Slipe: note, heavy sarcasm ahead!:idea:
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote