Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:07 PM   #11

How did you get your FZ30 for $84? I will be buying one in the next two weeks, and haven't found one for less than about $450 with shipping. E-bay was over $550.
sailboater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:29 PM   #12

He did some subtraction. Subtracted what he got for the 20 against the cost of the 30.
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 4:34 PM   #13

Oh. Duh!
Ken, do you think I can take this camera on a trip and just shoot in auto til I learn, and still get decent travel pics?
Old Mar 13, 2006, 7:23 PM   #14

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
He did some subtraction. Subtracted what he got for the 20 against the cost of the 30.
Exactly right. Sold FZ20 and my FZ30 cost an additional $84
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2006, 7:41 PM   #15

sailboater1 wrote:
Quote:
How did you get your FZ30 for $84? I will be buying one in the next two weeks, and haven't found one for less than about $450 with shipping. E-bay was over $550.
Sold FZ20 and added $84 to buy FZ30.

Watch out for low ball pricing. Check out companies on Resellers and Eopinions as well as search " xxx company +reviews " on Google. Now Circuit City has low price sale on Fridays from 11AM to 4pm. I had a 12% off circular coupon and the Friday sale price.

StanStan
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:17 PM   #16

Thanks for info. I will check out Circuit City.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:44 PM   #17

pdannatt wrote:
Quote:
I'm looking for an upgrade to my trusty Olympus C5050. The excellent photos I've seen on these pages are what have convinced me to look closer at the Lumix range - keep them coming!! I'm sure I'll be a Panny owner soon - it's just a case of FZ30 now or holding on until the autumn to see what comes.
From what 'Panasonic Bob" told me the Panasonic camera for the fall is to be the L1.

I have mixed feelings about this because it will be a dSLR with many lenses to lug around

With the FZ30 I usually just just take the camera and leave the WA and the Tele in the car. A dSLR would requirecarrying lenses most of the time.

StanStan
Old Mar 13, 2006, 11:57 PM   #18

sailboater1 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for info. I will check out Circuit City.
Justto let you know CC will take an online order and deliver to the store without shipping fees but they do add sales tax[s]. They do price match.My FZ20 wasinstantly replaced at the local store when the LCD malfunctioned within 2 weeks of purchase with no guff from store clerks.

StanStan
Old Mar 14, 2006, 5:38 PM   #19

I agree:* * *1). Stay with 8mp * *2). Reduce noise/increase dynamic range but not at expense of detail (maybe a larger sensor, recognising that this means a bigger lense and probably a higher price) * ** ** *3). Update to the Venus III engine.* *4). Have LCD open out to 180° instead of 120° to allow easier portrait or vertical orientation.* ** *Can't think of much else
WindRowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 11:12 PM   #20

sailboater1 wrote:
Quote:
I will be buying one in the next two weeks, and haven't found one for less than about $450 with shipping. E-bay was over $550.

Where can you get one for 450 with shipping? Is this a reputable dealer? Beach Camera and Buydig have them for 499... they were 484 a couple of days ago. I haven't seen anything lower except for dealers I wouldn't trust?
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote