Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 18, 2006, 8:16 PM   #41

No. NO power zooms please!

Zoom rings are more accurate because you control the ring w. your hand instead of a pointer finger used for P&S power zooms.

I've had a P&S for 2 years now and its powered zoom is just too inaccurate, IMO.
Besides, I'd want the whole SLR experience w. my SZ baby.

Will there be a FZ40 though? No, I don't think so.

A camera that has 'SLR-like' features w.o the noise problem will compete directly w. Pany's own future DSLR product.

dissembled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 9:28 PM   #42

dissembled wrote:
Quote:
No. NO power zooms please!

Zoom rings are more accurate because you control the ring w. your hand instead of a pointer finger used for P&S power zooms.

I've had a P&S for 2 years now and its powered zoom is just too inaccurate, IMO.
Besides, I'd want the whole SLR experience w. my SZ baby.

Will there be a FZ40 though? No, I don't think so.

A camera that has 'SLR-like' features w.o the noise problem will compete directly w. Pany's own future DSLR product.
Am I missinga technicalpoint here? Does a powered vs non-powered zoom make a difference in the focus of the image?

A little error in focus that results in a soft image and is very important to me but a little difference in zoomingresulting in more or less backgroundis relatively unimportant to me as long as the subject is in focus..

You may be right that the FZ40 would compete with the L1

StanStan
stnkline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2006, 6:11 AM   #43

I first used my FZ10 after a 17-hour flight from Australia to Canada. I had literally never had it in my hands before. The results were great. (I now have an FZ30 but the old FZ10 goes on, photographing my grandchildren - my daughter loves it).

I am nearly 60 and have a severe hand tremor and a love of available light photography. I will happliy send you some results to look at in detail if you give me an email address to send them to.

I never took the camera off auto mode at any time, and didn't even discover the ISO sensitivity setting for four weeks!

The results please us very much.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!
madgicsh is offline   Reply With Quote