Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:46 PM   #1

Well,

The light was better but I'm still facing south with the sun off to the right so not the best conditions. Still, better then my last try.

Fist image is using the Oly C180 and 3mp EZ mode. This image is cropped and resized a little bit.

Attached Images

bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:48 PM   #2

Second one is also with the c180, this one is only resized. used some digi zoom on this one I think.

Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:50 PM   #3

Next one, can you say camouflaged? Didn't even seem him at first. Only the head have him away. Also using the c180 on this one.
Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:51 PM   #4

Here is the first one with the Ricoh 200M. Cropped and resized out of full 6mp image.

Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2006, 10:54 PM   #5

Last one. also with the Ricoh. This one is a heavy crop of the one that was hiding.

Attached Images

Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:11 PM   #6

bmccoy-

Nice sequence! Raptors in general and BEs in particular are my passion. Unfortunately, there's only a handful of BEs that winter over here in SoCal each winter and most have all started their trek back north. At least I was able to get some nifty shots of a 'Teenager' BE, ~3-4 years old, before he joins the adults.

So -- it looks like the FZ7's Extended Optical Zoom does what its designed to do. I don't have it in my FZ5... Doesn't look like the quality in sharpness and detail are degraded very much, if at all.

Now, all you have to do is cut the distance in half and you'll definitely have some photo hangers!

Keep'em coming!
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:33 PM   #7

Nice shots. I like the first one with the c180 though I'm surprised to see the ca at the bottom. But I'm even more surprised to see the very soft lower left corner on thesimilar ricoh shot (#4). What's going on there? I would have expected the 3mp EZ to have reduced ca and soft corners.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 11:54 PM   #8

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Nice shots. I like the first one with the c180 though I'm surprised to see the ca at the bottom. But I'm even more surprised to see the very soft lower left corner on thesimilar ricoh shot (#4). What's going on there? I would have expected the 3mp EZ to have reduced ca and soft corners.
Fred,

Only the c180 was in 3mp EZ the ricoh shots were full 6mp. I don't know why I'm getting the soft spots and some CA. Could it have something to do with the haze in the air and the fact that I was shooting almost due south at about 4:00 pm with the sun at about2-3 o'clock? Other tests that I have done with these lenses seem to be pretty solid. I'll just have to keep trying.

Tele,

I would love to get closer but this is a posted observation area that I am shooting from. Signs request not to get any closer. The nest is high ina tree on the other side of the freeway from the position you can observe from. I would say about 350 or so feet across and then up at least another 40-50. That's just a guess.
Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:16 AM   #9

bmccoy wrote:
Quote:
I would say about 350 or so feet across and then up at least another 40-50. That's just a guess.
Brett-

Wow! Then I 'd say you did real good with the shots from that distance! But, hey, we'll take what we can get and what we get is a lot better than most other P&S digis...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 7:54 AM   #10

Those are far better shots than I ever got with that c180.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote