Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 17, 2006, 8:22 AM   #11

These are excellent photos. Great flash setup too.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2006, 11:29 PM   #12

very nice work tchu
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 4:56 AM   #13

is that a close up filter on the end of ur cam

amazing photos

i have just bought a close up filter with a diopter of +3. will i get similar results or do i need more. i have fz30. my close up filter will be here in a couple of days

thanks

ken

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 11:15 AM   #14

Thanks LadyhawkVA and Pappy! Glad you liked them!

Ken, yes thats a close up filter I have...in fact 2 of them...as stated in my first post. A 6T and a Sigma CU with a combine +4.5

I think the +3 is a good start and quite comfortable to manage....and can give good enough a close up of larger insects.

kenmck15 wrote:
Quote:
is that a close up filter on the end of ur cam

amazing photos

i have just bought a close up filter with a diopter of +3. will i get similar results or do i need more. i have fz30. my close up filter will be here in a couple of days

thanks

ken

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:16 PM   #15

Tchuanye... Yuor macros are really an inspiration... One reason I bought the FZ 30 was to try and get into macros... Now you have upped the anty with a new flash set-up... Would like replicate it but not being into hardware I don't know where to start to collect the items you purchased. Do you or any US FZers know here to purchase such items? Thanks in advance... Norm
reklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 12:22 PM   #16

reklaw wrote:
Quote:
Tchuanye... Yuor macros are really an inspiration... One reason I bought the FZ 30 was to try and get into macros... Now you have upped the anty with a new flash set-up... Would like replicate it but not being into hardware I don't know where to start to collect the items you purchased. Do you or any US FZers know here to purchase such items? Thanks in advance... Norm
Well, for a start, I think just an ext flash on the hot shoe with a Omnibounce OR bounce card can get very good pics. This post was my first post with this set up, but before this I used a bounce card with flash on hotshoe and got some good results.

I would suggest to start with the flash on hot shoe first before spending more money on the accessories. Get at least a bounce card (can be homemade) or a omnibounce diffuser for the flash. Get the hang of it, and if you are still not satisfied, than get other accessories if really need be.

You can see here for the pics:
http://tchuanye.smugmug.com/gallery/291327

After 15 Mar06 is with this new set up. before that was w/o.

rgds

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2006, 1:10 PM   #17

Thanks again.. I have a Sunpack 422 w/diffuser that works OK for normal shot.... Will have to coble up a bounce and get going... I have a DCR 150 that I can can decent flower shots but have not tried bugs yet... first I have to find them here in Fla. just not looking in the right places I guess.. Keep posting, you keep us motivated,,, Norm
reklaw is offline   Reply With Quote