Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 20, 2006, 4:13 PM   #1

I see advertised on Panasonic's web site two cases / bags designed for the FZ30. It doesn't look like it's available yet in the USA but I see a few advertised on the Net. Has anyone got one of these, or got any more of a description? The items are: PS-HFZ30and PS-SFZ30W.
Mundo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2006, 5:25 PM   #2

My Bro-in-law picked up HFX30 when he got his '30 in Japan. It is well made and i good if you just want to carry the cam, but personally I'd rather have a lowepro/tamrac or crumpler bag.

Cheers

HarjTT

:|
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2006, 6:06 PM   #3

Recently bought an FZ30 along with a dedicated black leather case... ahem PS-PFZ30K. Listed at ¬£25.00 on the Panasonic European website. Bruce.¬*
brucegarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 2:26 AM   #4

What I've noticed about the type of case that's triangular when you look at it from the front, is that they all seem to be symmerical. Mine is, and it's a Vanguard Malta one that came with the camera package I bought.

With the FZ30 being far from symmetrical when looked at from the top, with its lens way over on the left hand side, a symmetrical case is not ideal. I have a permanently placed piece of foam sitting down in the bottom of the triangle, just so that the back of the camera sits horizontally when the camera is placed lens down.

I know that bigger cases will be different and function more like gadget bags (and I've had many of those in the past), but I do find that the FZ30 with its huge single lens does fit snugly into a triangular case which doesn't need to house anything other than a spare battery and card.

Is Panasonic's own leather case for the FZ30 specially designed for the asymetrical (lens off-centre) aspect of this camera?
Peter_with_digicam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 2:35 AM   #5

Is this of asymmetrical design and can you get the attached Lumix strap to fit comfortably inside as well? Can you offer any dimensions please, Bruce? One final question, please. Does the case you bought look like the one in the link first posted by Mundo above?

brucegarrett wrote:
Quote:
Recently bought an FZ30 along with a dedicated black leather case... ahem PS-PFZ30K. Listed at £25.00 on the Panasonic European website. Bruce.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 3:17 AM   #6

Oh, I liked this link! I was quite happy to read the "Why buy Panasonic?" blurb. Very nice of them to explain how they absolutely do listen to us!! Yay! There is hope for an FZ 40....

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 1:45 PM   #7

Hi Peter,¬*The PS-PFZ30K is an asymmetric shape to fit the FZ30 perfectly. It has a padded black velvet interior with a small pocket inside the flap for spare SD cards and a further 'hinged' larger pocket on one side that just holds a spare battery alongside the lens.¬*The case is carried by the strap on the camera but there are also eyelets on each side to attach the strap to the case itself. The case can be threaded onto a belt and a short lanyard is also supplied to anchor the case to a belt loop or backpack etc. The outer dimensions are roughly 170 x 160 x 90mm. If you go to the Panasonic European website and click on FZ30 Accessories there is a picture of the case. All in all a well thought out design plus the quality of finish is very high.¬*Bruce¬*¬*
brucegarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 2:02 PM   #8

Thanks for that information, Bruce.