Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 25, 2006, 1:46 PM   #11

Something faster - clearer - smaller/bigger - ETC always happens. Just like computers. Like yourself, I am always wishing toown the best. I own a Panasonic 50" PlasmaHD TV that I bought when it first came out aroundMay of 2005.8 months later I could have bought it for $1000 less.

The FZ-30 is unparalled for my particularneeds. The word*particular* is obviously the most important. I have no intention of getting serious with photography. I wanted a camera that gave the average user the best for the money. The FZ-30 exceeded my expectations.

You can wait all you want and the price will drop. Anything new that comes out will most likely be much higher in price. Now you have to wait again for the the price to come down to what you consider reasonable forit.

How BAAAAAAAAD have you got it?

Zake

Zake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 5:27 PM   #12

I just ordered the FZ30 from Digitalmegastore.com for $489 + $19.90 shipping. They advertize it being in stock and shipping in ~48 hours.

The price was certainly right, and the store got the highest rating from several different websites, so we'll see.

I spent most of yesterday and last night reading all the reviews I could find on the camera, plus about 15 pages of posts on this forum, plus the whole manual (downloaded from Panasonic), and I really think I made the right choice.

ProF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:26 PM   #13

Zake wrote:
Quote:
You can wait all you want and the price will drop. Anything new that comes out will most likely be much higher in price. Now you have to wait again for the the price to come down to what you consider reasonable forit.

How BAAAAAAAAD have you got it?

Zake
Funny part is I just went through this with a Panasonic MiniDV camcorder. New models came out while I was deciding. The odd part is the replacement models had less features than the discontinued ones.This drove the price up on the old models... go figure!

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:31 PM   #14

ProF wrote:
Quote:
I just ordered the FZ30 from Digitalmegastore.com for $489 + $19.90 shipping. They advertize it being in stock and shipping in ~48 hours.

The price was certainly right, and the store got the highest rating from several different websites, so we'll see.

I spent most of yesterday and last night reading all the reviews I could find on the camera, plus about 15 pages of posts on this forum, plus the whole manual (downloaded from Panasonic), and I really think I made the right choice.
That's a decent price. There are a few online dealers that have them in the 500.00 ballpark. OneCall.com has a pretty good deal after you use their 25.00 coupon. Comes close to what you are paying. I'll be getting one soon I think.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:27 AM   #15

Buy when you want it, forget the price (within reason)

I know I wish I had bought a ip5000 printer last year before Canon stopped the series and substituted the 4200/5200 range which can only use their chipped ink tanks and not generics
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:01 AM   #16

http://www.bizrate.com/digitalcamera...__sort--7.html

Zoomania has it on stock for $469, including shipping! HOT HOT HOT!
God. I wish I had a money tree.

I swear I would buy that baby right now!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
dissembled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:43 PM   #17

dissembled wrote:
Quote:
http://www.bizrate.com/digitalcamera...__sort--7.html

Zoomania has it on stock for $469, including shipping! HOT HOT HOT!
God. I wish I had a money tree.

I swear I would buy that baby right now!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
They don't rate very well on Resellerratings.com