Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 20, 2006, 9:38 PM   #1

Hello everyone,

After many months of painful deliberations, finally I've decided andbought the FZ30. I like to thank all of you for your comments and suggestions. I'm totally happy with my selection. I've heard so many negativeremarks about the "noise" of the FZ30 and to be totally honest I was very concerned until I've got the camera in my hands. I couldn't be happier. The workmanship and quality of the camera and specifically the lens have impressed me immensely. Last Saturday was my grandson's birthday, here are few pics. Well, actually I wanted to post some pictures but I don't know how to convert them so the file does not exceed 250K. Please help again!

Macnite
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2006, 10:15 PM   #2

You will have to resize them. I usually post at 800 X 600. Use your photo software, nearly all of the various software programs have a function that will do this. (I use ACDsee) you can find a freebie copy on a lot of computer disks accompanying computer magazines, including Maximun PC, for one. Or you can use the windows XP ...function, just can't remember where to find it. Resize for email is the title you'll look for. It might be in my pictures. Anyway, have a look thru the topic "how to post your pics" or whatever it's called in the forum topic doolie of Steves and it'll clue you in too. Good luck...

KennethD
Quick edit...click the help topic at top right of the intro to Steve's and take it from there...that should help, er no pun intended.
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 12:48 AM   #3

Macnite wrote:
Quote:
Hello everyone,

After many months of painful deliberations, finally I've decided andbought the FZ30. I like to thank all of you for your comments and suggestions. I'm totally happy with my selection. I've heard so many negativeremarks about the "noise" of the FZ30 and to be totally honest I was very concerned until I've got the camera in my hands. I couldn't be happier. The workmanship and quality of the camera and specifically the lens have impressed me immensely. Last Saturday was my grandson's birthday, here are few pics. Well, actually I wanted to post some pictures but I don't know how to convert them so the file does not exceed 250K. Please help again!

Macnite
I keep waiting and the price seems to be going up. Beach Camera/Buydig was selling this for 485... then 499..... now 509. What is going on? I was hoping it would go down.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 5:01 AM   #4

Quote "I keep waiting and the price seems to be going up. Beach Camera/Buydig was selling this for 485... then 499..... now 509. What is going on? I was hoping it would go down"

Why should the price drop any time soon on a product that is the best available in its class?
Every day you wait for the price to drop is another day you could have been enjoying an excellent camera.
Do yourself a favour and buy the best ultra zoom on the market, the FZ30 - you will not regret it.
cheers,
Max
Puddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 9:38 AM   #5

Another reason might be that there is no new product coming up to replace this camera. In past years there was something in the pipes and everyone was anticipating moving up to the new camera. With no successor in sight, there seems to be no drop off just yet in the price of the FZ30

Puddock wrote:
Quote:
Quote "I keep waiting and the price seems to be going up. Beach Camera/Buydig was selling this for 485... then 499..... now 509. What is going on? I was hoping it would go down"

Why should the price drop any time soon on a product that is the best available in its class?
Every day you wait for the price to drop is another day you could have been enjoying an excellent camera.
Do yourself a favour and buy the best ultra zoom on the market, the FZ30 - you will not regret it.
cheers,
Max
wighter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 3:40 PM   #6

Thank you KENNETHD, you've been very helpful. As promised, few pics from grand son's birthday.
Attached Images

Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 4:14 PM   #7

Puddock wrote:
Quote:

cheers,
Max
The reason I waited I was in the process of also buying a Panasonic Camcorder and at the time. Couldn't swing both at once. Also at thattimeit was at the lowest price from a reputable dealer I wasn't quite sold on the FZ30. The price was bouncing back and forth then, now it seems to be slowly climbing.
Old Mar 24, 2006, 10:00 PM   #8

Puddock wrote:
Quote:

cheers,
Max

Well, now Beach and Buydig have raised the price to 549.006th Ave Electronics has itr 484, but they claim it will be in next week despite the website stating in stock 1-3 days.
Old Mar 25, 2006, 9:23 AM   #9

Just a note of interest in case who you plan to buy from matters to you. I purchased my FZ-30 from Beach Camera. Inside the box was a return authorization sheet from BUYDIG in case I wanted to return it. Beach Camera and BUYDIG are both owned by the same company *World Wide Direct*. I was very pleased with my transaction using Beach Camera.

Zake
Zake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 12:30 PM   #10

Zake wrote:
Quote:
Just a note of interest in case who you plan to buy from matters to you. I purchased my FZ-30 from Beach Camera. Inside the box was a return authorization sheet from BUYDIG in case I wanted to return it. Beach Camera and BUYDIG are both owned by the same company *World Wide Direct*. I was very pleased with my transaction using Beach Camera.

Zake

Yes, I figured out that they were the same. Occasionly Buydig is a little less by 5 bucks or so. Most of the time the are the same price and in a rare instance on one item I noticed they were 50 dollars cheaper.

I would like to buy something soon... just wish I knew for sure whether there was gonna be an FZ40 soon or not. I would hate like hell to get the FZ30 and have them introduce an FZ40, assuming it was major improvement. I guess I could always recoup most of my money by selling it. Decisions, decisions!