Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 24, 2006, 9:42 AM   #11

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Brett - That amount of vignetting is almost negligible. Just a wee bit of sanding should remove it completely. Or get the 52mm pemaraal fz7 adapter which is 1mm (?) shorter than the stock plastic adapter.
That's what I thought also. I'm very strongly leaning to getting the pemaraal adapter. I had a really hard time getting my UV filter off for this test. It's so easy to over tighten it when you are attaching a large conversion lens with all the added leverage you get.

I also am thinking that on a "normal" image if there is any darker objects in the left corners or if you put it into a frame that you would never see the vignetting.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:33 PM   #12

bmccoy wrote:
Quote:
That's what I thought also. I'm very strongly leaning to getting the pemaraal adapter. I had a really hard time getting my UV filter off for this test. It's so easy to over tighten it when you are attaching a large conversion lens with all the added leverage you get.

I also am thinking that on a "normal" image if there is any darker objects in the left corners or if you put it into a frame that you would never see the vignetting.

-Brett
Ultimately you don't want plastic threads, so the the pemaraal kills 2 birds with 1 stone.

A "normal" wa image frequently has sky in one or both of the upper corners and that's where the vignetting will show.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:09 PM   #13

Had some sun today so here are a few test shots that I wanted to do.

Brick wall @ 1x with 6600.
Attached Images

Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:10 PM   #14

Brick wall @ 4x with the 6600.

Attached Images

Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:11 PM   #15

Finally just a quick sunset from my front door, again with the DCR-6600.
Attached Images

Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:47 AM   #16

Hey Brett,

Now I'm waiting for the end of the month (you know, salary matters) to give my FZ7 order.

How do you do with FZ7 so far? Are you satisfied at all?

Btw, I really do like the second one! Nice shot..

Regards,

-Mert
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:50 AM   #17

I'm sorry, posted the one above twice..
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:03 AM   #18

Looking good, Brett. Vignetting has already been discussed. 4x looks very useful - no degradation. How about 6-8x?
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:39 AM   #19

iason wrote:
Quote:
Hey Brett,

Now I'm waiting for the end of the month (you know, salary matters) to give my FZ7 order.

How do you do with FZ7 so far? Are you satisfied at all?

Btw, I really do like the second one! Nice shot..

Regards,

-Mert
Mert,

I'm very happy. I didn't make the move from my FZ3 when the 5 came out and now I couldn't be happier that I waited. The move to the FZ7 gives me a lot of new features and improvements. Now if spring would just get here! A few more weeks and I hope to start working with some of the new plants and things as everything wakes up. If you go for the FZ7 I think you will find it has a lot to offer.

-Brett
Old Mar 27, 2006, 8:46 AM   #20

fmoore wrote:
Quote:
Looking good, Brett. Vignetting has already been discussed. 4x looks very useful - no degradation. How about 6-8x?
Fred,

When I get a chance I'll check out 6 and 8x. I do know that by the time you get to 10 and 12x that it has become very, very soft. We'll see what the cut off is.

Forthose who "don't understand why you would want to zoom on a WA", I was out testing with the DCR6600 yesterday. Walked from my truck to a pond with the WA on the camera. As I got close I noticed a bald eagle up ina tree about 75' away. If I could have zoomed to a clean sharp 12x with the DCR in place I would have had a great shot. By the time I could get the lens off he was gone.

That is why it is advantageous to have clean zoom through. Not because you plan to use it. Just because sometimes it would be nice to use it. On the up side. I now know one of the places he likes to sit. I'll be "hunting" him all summer.

-Brett