Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:27 AM   #11

1mobilman wrote:
Quote:
Monday afternoon
I called Cc today and to see what is going on with my camera and they informed me after 9 days they still have no answer and then They told me they are waitng for the form from fed-ex that I was supposed to fill out and send back that I still have not yet received from fed-ex which is giong on 9 days,I called fed-ex and they said they were sorry I did not get it yet and asked me if I can get to a fax machine I told them I have one well they faxed me the claim form and I filled it out and faxed it right back. I then got baCK on the phone with CC and asked them when am I going to see my camera they informed me they are not sure when but please give them a call back tomorrow and I said if they do not have an answer by tomorrow as to when I am getting my camera they can cancel the order and I am goiong to beach camera for my order. And I will never recommend CC or fed-ex for the way the customers are treated.
Can you stop payment on the credit card? That usually gets there attention. When I buy online, I use Amex, because if there is a problem, it is easy to stop payment, buy elsewhere and then the store and the shipper can sort it out.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 6:03 PM   #12

Tuesday Afternoon:
I called Cc again and I got the same answer again CC said we dont know when we are going to ship your order to you we had to put the case in the computer again someone entered some more information wrong and now we have it right and we are still looking into the situation and we are really sorry for your inconvenience but we wiil get to the bottom of it.I told them it has been over two weeks since I ordered my camera and I still have no camera and still dont know I am getting my order and told them I am done please refund my credit card the complete amount and I am done. I called up prestige camera and ordered the camera from them and also alot cheaper then CC and they know what they are doing.
1mobilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 7:51 PM   #13

I must have As-hole written on my forehead I finally received my camera today and I am not sure but the whole box was written in Japanese very little English. I called panasonic and they were hesident about the box being in mostly Japanese.I proceeded to call a couple of camera stores and they told me that it is probably a gray market camera and watch out because panasonic proably will not warranty it.the only thing on the bottom of the camera in english in the serial number everything else is in Japanese. When I gave the serial number to panasonic they told me that does not even
sound right most serial start with 1 letter then the rest numbers with maybe and letter on the end then all the way to the right the letter R. The camera I received starts with 2 letters then has 7 numbers with the letter R all the way to the right. Well here I go for bout number 2 on getting my money back I already called my visa and told them what
is happening and they agreed with me it all should be in english. Man I am having a hard time trying to buy this camera well as they say bad start good ending I hope that is really true and holds true for my case.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 7:01 PM   #14

Wow, sorry to hear the hassles! For my part, I'd e-mail a link to your posting to a senior customer service manager at CC and point out that their lack of customer service is being read with great interest on the major camera forums...
Telecorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 7:53 PM   #15

Sorry to hear of your troubles, 1mobileman.

If you choose to send cam back, PM for a recommendation on another vendor.

Though it is commonly done, Steve does not want actual vendors cited in an open thread.

Ordered my FZ30on a Mon, had on Friday w/o hassles, complete and unopened.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2006, 10:40 PM   #16

1mobilman wrote:
Quote:
I must have As-hole written on my forehead I finally received my camera today and I am not sure but the whole box was written in Japanese very little English. I called panasonic and they were hesident about the box being in mostly Japanese.I proceeded to call a couple of camera stores and they told me that it is probably a gray market camera and watch out because panasonic proably will not warranty it.the only thing on the bottom of the camera in english in the serial number everything else is in Japanese. When I gave the serial number to panasonic they told me that does not even
sound right most serial start with 1 letter then the rest numbers with maybe and letter on the end then all the way to the right the letter R. The camera I received starts with 2 letters then has 7 numbers with the letter R all the way to the right. Well here I go for bout number 2 on getting my money back I already called my visa and told them what
is happening and they agreed with me it all should be in english. Man I am having a hard time trying to buy this camera well as they say bad start good ending I hope that is really true and holds true for my case.
Was that from Prestige camera or Circuit City?
Meatwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2006, 11:03 PM   #17

well I reordered my FZ30 from Circuit City and this time I went with premium shipping instead of ground and all went fabulous I received everything perfect.went I opened the box I seen so many more accessories then when I opened the box from prestige camera and this time everything was written in a language I understand ENGLISH no Japanese someone must have went through the box at prestige because most of stuff was removed purposely or not the items were not there not compared to Circuit City's box even down to the manuals what a difference. Now I am just waiting to see what visa is going to do and I hope for everybodys sake they refund me every penny back. I dont see it not happening not with all of the evidence I am sending them right down to prestige camera's false ratings they submitted themselves to make them look good on websites and they got caught. I am happy with my new FZ30 from Circuit City and prestige can send me an RMA and they can have there GARBAGE back I really hope someone closes places like them down. Joe D

God Bless and have a great day
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:13 AM   #18

1mobilman wrote:
Quote:
well I reordered my FZ30 from Circuit City and this time I went with premium shipping instead of ground and all went fabulous I received everything perfect.went I opened the box I seen so many more accessories then when I opened the box from prestige camera and this time everything was written in a language I understand ENGLISH no Japanese someone must have went through the box at prestige because most of stuff was removed purposely or not the items were not there not compared to Circuit City's box even down to the manuals what a difference. Now I am just waiting to see what visa is going to do and I hope for everybodys sake they refund me every penny back. I dont see it not happening not with all of the evidence I am sending them right down to prestige camera's false ratings they submitted themselves to make them look good on websites and they got caught. I am happy with my new FZ30 from Circuit City and prestige can send me an RMA and they can have there GARBAGE back I really hope someone closes places like them down. Joe D

God Bless and have a great day
Places like Circuit City and Best Buy are gooduntil you have a problem like you experinced and there prices are not that low unless you catch a real good deal.

Not all online dealers are as bad as Prestige, but there are more out there that pull the same stunts. Some of them use several names to throw you off the track. I find whenever I have to check on someone, Relleratings.com gives pretty good information on who the bad ones are.

Some of the good ones out there are Beach Camera, also known as Buydig. I got a brand new FZ30 from them for 494.B&H photo is also good, but a little more expensive andI live in NY so if I would be subject to tax. Another good one is Onecall.com and Amazon is good depending on which dealers are selling through them. Right now, you can actually buy from Onecall through Amazon, but you get a better deal through Onecall direct because they offer a coupon online. I know you already have your camera, but just keep those in mind in case you need something else.

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote