Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 23, 2006, 12:40 AM   #1
hkj

I got my camera a couple of days ago with Panasonic UV and Grey filters, 55mm DMW-LA2 adapter, 1Gb Sandisk SD Extreme III, B+W Slim Circular Polarization filter and genuine Panasonic extra battery. Today I will go and buy bag for the camera.

Lenshood does not work with 55mm filters or with DMW-LA2 adapter but the adapter build quality is really good. Panasonic filter quality is good, but not quite B+W quality. Camera build quality is great I think it is a tad better than FZ5.

I have now tried the camera inside with low light, outside with sun and outside at night. At night starry skies works ok, but it is not for night time animal pictures without extra lights. Inside with low light the performance is from decent to good and outside on daytime it works allmost flawlessly.

Good camera but we need to wait for FZ8 until we get perfect one
hkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2006, 2:38 AM   #2

hkj yazd─▒:
Quote:
Good camera but we need to wait for FZ8 until we get perfect one
A VW Car advertisement here says;
"Until we make a better one, this is the best!"

This is such a case. IMO, in this current time, FZ7 is seems like one of the best super zooms in the market.

I'm pretty sure we'll find some more issues to be developed also in FZ8 :idea:

We are waiting for your -and of FZ7- shots..

- Mert
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 2:59 AM   #3
hkj

I choosed Lowepro Nova Micro AW bag. It holds my camera with DMW-LA2 adapter and 1 or 2 filters, extra battery and charger, Lenspen, extra memorycard and more. This bag has rain coat and shoulder strap and it will probably hold wide + tele lenses if needed, at least close-up + wide.

For those who are looking really small bag Lowepro D-Res 220 AW or genuine Panasonic bag are really good ones, D-Res 220 AW is bigger of these two. If you do not need rain coat then Lowepro Edit 120 is a tad cheaper than Nova Micro AW and it has soft lining inside (like D-Res 220 AW).

Price of these bags is around 30 euros and in the USA they are a bit cheaper than that.

None of these are perfect, but then what is...

Pictures to come when I get shots that I would like to share without the fear of complete humiliation :-)

BTW it is damn hard to get picture of flying birds with EVF or LCD, at least in this area there is need for improvement.
hkj is offline   Reply With Quote