Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 24, 2006, 3:07 AM   #11

Hey, lookin' good there KD. Like those photos from the past. :-xHa ha. I should show you some of mine before and after. Follically challenged now. :roll:Glad to see you're enjoying retirement. I'm on the Freedom 85 plan. Got my plot all picked out a work. By the way, I've sent you some more clouds over the Rockies. We have way too many here, and I thought you could use them.....cheers......thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 4:20 AM   #12

Nice guns! Like the stache, reminds me of a firefighter, or a state trooper, definitely excites a girl! But I think your face is definitely hansome enough to lose it. I, for one, would like to see a self portrait w/o it as well, but don't just do it on my account. Either way, great shot! If you don't mind me askin' how tall r u? I'm guessin' 6'2". I guess I shouldn't be drinkin wine b4 I come to this forum, esp. if u guys r gonna produce pics like that. Good thing my fiance isn't the jealous type!
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:36 PM   #13

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Hey, lookin' good there KD. Like those photos from the past. :-xHa ha. I should show you some of mine before and after. Follically challenged now. :roll:Glad to see you're enjoying retirement. I'm on the Freedom 85 plan. Got my plot all picked out a work. By the way, I've sent you some more clouds over the Rockies. We have way too many here, and I thought you could use them.....cheers......thekman.
Hi Theckman!

We got your clouds, but right on their heels I see a chinook has begun. I'm hoping the weekend will look sunny, as I am itching to get out for a hike around and get some shots. Do please post your before and after shots, I think after all the tons of posts everyone's done, it would be nice to put a face to the prose. Did you guys get some snow a while back? Egad. I know we are gonna get a couple more dumps before May, as always, but you guys should be looking a flowers and green grass now...
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 7:46 PM   #14

Nancy Gabby wrote:
Quote:
Nice guns! Like the stache, reminds me of a firefighter, or a state trooper, definitely excites a girl! But I think your face is definitely hansome enough to lose it. I, for one, would like to see a self portrait w/o it as well, but don't just do it on my account. Either way, great shot! If you don't mind me askin' how tall r u? I'm guessin' 6'2". I guess I shouldn't be drinkin wine b4 I come to this forum, esp. if u guys r gonna produce pics like that. Good thing my fiance isn't the jealous type!
I didn't expect this, but I must say, it raised my eyebrows and had me grinning. I ought to leave you to your speculation, but us old short guys were taught to tell the truth. 5 ft 8 is the best I can do, and that's after shrinking an inch since my younger days. (Luckily my young lad hit that when he was barely in his teens and tops out at an even 6 ft.) The bonus is on long flights, I am much more comfortable than taller folk, and don't have my knees up around my ears on plane rides. It's always a plus when a girl notices, so don't put the cork in that wine bottle just yet.

Kd
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:51 AM   #15

KENNETHD wrote: Ya, we got some snow a couple of weeks ago. You'd think heck had frozen over. Lol. Pictures from the past eh? Hmm. I might be able to find an oldie. Haven't any new ones as of now though....thekman
Quote:
Hi Theckman!

We got your clouds, but right on their heels I see a chinook has begun. I'm hoping the weekend will look sunny, as I am itching to get out for a hike around and get some shots. Do please post your before and after shots, I think after all the tons of posts everyone's done, it would be nice to put a face to the prose. Did you guys get some snow a while back? Egad. I know we are gonna get a couple more dumps before May, as always, but you guys should be looking a flowers and green grass now...
Attached Images

Old Mar 26, 2006, 2:20 PM   #16

Perfect! I love to see pics depicting other members lives. I know we all love photography. But what else? We've given a glimpse of our personal history. Did you play in a rock band? A lot of us were really into music back then. Some of my friends were in various bands, they hand a lot of fun. Today my young lad and his friends have a rock band and they've played together since the eighth grade. Way to go Theckman...cool picture.

Kd
Old Mar 26, 2006, 3:42 PM   #17

Hi KD

A really good self portrait and your lookign seriously well and from that shot I;d never have guessed you were about to retire. I think that partly comes down to having an active live - the martial arts definetely help and its good to see some old school tae kwon doo / karate shots.

Cheers

HarjTT

:?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:43 PM   #18

Hey, kman, is that a Fender Jaguar? Do you still have the guitar? As a kid, I was a Gibby man, but have come to love Fenders in my vintage years. I wish I still had my '73 Les Paul DeLuxe; sold it many years ago to make a nice Christmas for the kids, and others have gone similarly.

In recent years, I've owned several new Fenders and loved them all. But my real love is my Gibson J-45 acoustic. I often tell my kids, be careful around that guitar 'cause I like it better than I like any of you. :lol:

So, are you still rockin and rollin', or just rocking and strummin' on the front porch like me?
corcoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:53 AM   #19

HarjTT wrote:
Quote:
Hi KD

A really good self portrait and your lookign seriously well and from that shot I;d never have guessed you were about to retire. I think that partly comes down to having an active live - the martial arts definetely help and its good to see some old school tae kwon doo / karate shots.

Cheers

HarjTT

:?
Thanks HarjTT! Keeping active is a bonus, I have no doubt that is the reason I find retirement such a blast. Gives me more time to spend with my favorite hobby too of course.Best regards...

Kd
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:53 PM   #20

Thanks KD. Ya, I played in a band for around 15 years. Even got into a movie (Star 80 if your lookin'). Started playing in bars before I was old enough to be in them, and around 14-15 years of gigging. No records or anything, but lots of fun that I can't mostly remember...heh, heh.:?..........thekman.

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
Perfect! I love to see pics depicting other members lives. I know we all love photography. But what else? We've given a glimpse of our personal history. Did you play in a rock band? A lot of us were really into music back then. Some of my friends were in various bands, they hand a lot of fun. Today my young lad and his friends have a rock band and they've played together since the eighth grade. Way to go Theckman...cool picture.

Kd