Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:12 AM   #1

Now when the old bones get too sore from a tough day I can nap, I can browse thru Steve's til the wee hours if I don't feel sleepy. I can work out til I drop if the mood strikes me and sleep all day if I have to pay the price for forgeting how old I am, and overdo it. Every year for the last 3 years since I crossed the fininsh line I do the self portrait, same pose, to keep track of the aging process. 59 years, a littletrim of the moustache braid the ear hairs etc. here's the retired guy. Best news...my old boss is still sluggin'er out...heh heh. Paying his dues. Retirement isn't for everybody. Somebody's got to stay workin' to pay my pension. How sweet. Ya gotta love it!
Attached Images

KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:43 AM   #2

Good for you KENNETHD, enjoy it while it last, LOL. I'm looking forward to my retirement.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 3:22 PM   #3

Thanks, Macnite...it's a wonderful change of pace. I wish you a joyous retirement. Travel, new cars, exotic vacations, all of those things are nice, but nothing beats the happiness of throwing the alarm clock out the window, forgeting you ever had a boss, food tastes better, cooking is more fun, even tho we live in the frozen north, even shoveling the sidewalk is less work. Look forward to hearing from you when you graduate. Best regards...

Kd
Old Mar 23, 2006, 3:55 PM   #4

You had me dreaming therefor a whileKennethD,,

I was working in the Air Frorce base in Cold Lake for 6 months. It seems that it took place a centure ago. LOL
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 5:35 PM   #5

Hey, KennethD!

Lookin' good there! :-)

If you were not married, I'd suggest you and Sharon Stone do a movie together! :idea:

You could hand your FZ30 to the GRIP! for all those "still shots"!
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2006, 11:49 PM   #6

KENNETHD wrote:
Quote:
Now when the old bones get too sore from a tough day I can nap, I can browse thru Steve's til the wee hours if I don't feel sleepy. I can work out til I drop if the mood strikes me and sleep all day if I have to pay the price for forgeting how old I am, and overdo it. Every year for the last 3 years since I crossed the fininsh line I do the self portrait, same pose, to keep track of the aging process. 59 years, a littletrim of the moustache braid the ear hairs etc. here's the retired guy. Best news...my old boss is still sluggin'er out...heh heh. Paying his dues. Retirement isn't for everybody. Somebody's got to stay workin' to pay my pension. How sweet. Ya gotta love it!
KENNETHD, you're living the dream, man. You are my hero. I intend to retire as soon as I get the last of my four kids thru college. Still have 12 years to go.

BTW, you're looking pretty good for 59, old man. Lookin' pretty good for 49 for that matter! Was working out a lifetime thing, or did you start in the later years?
corcoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:26 AM   #7

Hi Corcoj...Many thanks for the kind words. I went thru the usual sports at school, and really enjoyed the physical stuff. I started working out with weights when I was 15, and kept actively training in one way or another all my life. Us baby boomers probably had the best of any lifestyle, having lived thru the hippy days of free love without life threatening STD's, enjoyed the peace and love generation, railed against "the establishment" and generally still had job opportunities that offered good benefits, pensions, securityand good wages. I trained and instructed martial arts for 17 years, as a hobby. It was a lot of fun back then, Bruce Lee was in, Chuck Norris was up and coming. Unlike the UFC of today martial arts (IMO) was a gentler sport, with only light head contact in tournaments, we didn't duke it out full contact, except for body shots. The training was hard but it was fun. We experienced the racquet sport boom, downhill skiing, hiking and cross country running. The only down side is quite a few baby boomers are now on waiting lists for hip and knee replcements. I am trying to avoid the hip replacement, walk with a limp some days, as all the fun I had cost me the cartlidge in my right hip. No complaints, tho. I'm far beyond the pace of my younger days and have no trouble keeping a regular workout. I still spar with my young boy from time to time. Truly, I am happy to have had as much fun as I had, managed to nail down a good job and come out retired barely on the plus side of 55. The pension isn't a King's ransom but sweet enough to make me happy. The only advice I have for those within sight of retirement on the horizon, is to keep up your activities outside your job, stay physically and mentallly fit. It was probably 2 years after I retired before I felt the harness of working for a living loosen it's grip and slide off. After donkey's years of being up at the crack and booting it to work, the mental habit died hard. Here's a couple pics from last century of me doing what I loved to do...and one of my boy... who I trained with off an on since he was about three. For those of you who've read this far, my apology for thelife history...:lol:

Kd
Old, old photos, this is as good as I could revive them. (Yup, gravity and me had a different relationship back then.)
Attached Images

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:47 AM   #8

My special talent (not too many copied this move) of blocking a side kick with my mid section. I've posted these last year but old guys always like to brag...
Attached Images

Old Mar 24, 2006, 12:49 AM   #9

The lad...
Attached Images

Old Mar 24, 2006, 1:04 AM   #10

digcamfan wrote:
Quote:
Hey, KennethD!

Lookin' good there! :-)

If you were not married, I'd suggest you and Sharon Stone do a movie together! :idea:

You could hand your FZ30 to the GRIP! for all those "still shots"!
Greetings Anthony, man what an idea! I heard she's doing basic instinct 2. (I don't think I have 2 basic instincts, but I used to have one...) Maybe if we bothauditioned they'd rewrite a script for us. (Sharon, are you listening???) I've noted your FZ 30 shots, and you are in the zone! Can't wait for some green to start popping up around here, so I can shoot something else besides ducks and geese, and post some pics that weren't taken last century. Thank God for spring....

Kd