Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 24, 2006, 4:48 PM   #1

I came across a gallery on photo.net by a Marketa Uhlirova which has some stunning photography. Some really nice portraits, still life but the highlight for me was the high key shots - they look as if they are line art. To my real suprise is the fact that nearly all of the shots were taken with a digicam and not an DSLR. The digicam is a Sony 828, and I think the FZ's are easily as good as this cam but what really made me think was how well this lass is able to use her camera to produce some stunning and creative pictures. Personally and an inspiration to push my FZ10 even more.

http://www.photo.net/photos/tvojeimage - some nudity in the gallery

Cheers

HarjTT

:G :O

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:08 PM   #2

thanks for sharing this link with us - very inspiring!

Sven
seemolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 2:22 PM   #3

I also saw this, (thanks, HarjTT) and I enjoyed it very much. It is worth the browse and makes me sigh, when comparing my work (?) to this site. Good nose for finding a good site.

Kd
KENNETHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2006, 5:31 PM   #4

KD

I know exactly how you feel - so much further to go but hey if she can take some seriously fabulous shots with a digicam so can we. Time to get down to some serious shooting - well after my exam!

HarjTT

:?
Old Mar 25, 2006, 11:11 PM   #5

Wow. Just wow...
NickTrop_redux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:59 AM   #6

Very nice, very talented. Thanks for the link.......thekman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 11:30 AM   #7

Harj, yah thanks big time. I invested a good bit of time with her. Even better, You can look at 300 photos that she thought was exceptional work of other photographers.
Many were as good or better than her own. Heavy on my mind even now.

With so many pictures coming up so fast on my 26 Kb dial up I was totally blown away. Wonder how they get 'em to load so fast. Anyway. It was a real trip. Your premise that they were taken with nothing more than a good digicam is not on deaf ears, I hope. What we get to see there, places like photoshowdown, and no doubt other sites are artists at work.

Many of the artists are female, disproportionatly Nordic it seems. Makes me wonder what they have available up there that aids them so.? Schools, clubs, hmmmm.

Favorites:

Morning
by Maxim Kalmykov
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2525305

Photo
by Pavel Krukov
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=3206460

The expected arrives
by Ben Goossens
Hewlett Packard Photosmart C850
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2774586
Peter tells how he did it, a real plus. Many won't divulge their secrets.

Rene Asmussen This looks like a young Picaso sketch when you see it as a thumbnail
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2772683

So, many thanks , Harj

Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:28 PM   #8

Tazzie

Thanks for the links to those galleries - amazing stuff. Impossible to comprehend how they can come up with those kind of shots. I've found myself just looking at certain galleries and styles of photo's so that I can try and learn even a wee bit from them - composition, etc.

So Tazzie, did you go out to work with her ? She seems to be a very confident kinda gal and it must have been pretty awesome.

Cheers

Harjtt

:cart:

Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:07 PM   #9

Well,,,,,:-D you introduced us. Spent most of yesterday with her and her pals. My wife leaning over my shoulder said, "shes good." Her tastes can vary greatly from mine. The ones I showed you I liked best, were nothing special to her. Girls just don't always appreciate other girls quite the way us guys can.

I hope a lot of others here will take the time to look at just some of the works you pointed out to us. Some are very special, exceptional stuff.
Tazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 6:20 PM   #10

Hey Tazzie

Thanks for clearing that up :? !!!! There was me thinking you'd gone over to Hungry/Czech republic to work with her at soem point. I thought that would have been seriously cool. I still can't believe that those pics were from a digicam - with a noisy 2/3 Sony CCD too!

have to agree with ya on the girls not always havign the same eye for detail but then again Marketa's a gal too!
:G

I've decided today to thet if I come acroos a cracking digicam gallery I will post them on the forum so that everyone can see and get some new inspiration for their photography and so that we can one day be as good !!!!

HarjTT