Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:16 AM   #1

Took this last week with the FZ. Still like this camera, even though it doesn't get out much anymore....cheers........thekman.
Attached Images

thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:20 AM   #2

nice shot! how the heck do you get those little buggers to hold still for you like that? i can never get that close to 'em... how far away were you?
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2006, 1:27 AM   #3

Hey there Squirl. I was around 15' away. There's a feeder close by, and he was taking a break on a branch between snacks. Cute littel buggers. Chickadees are my favorites, followed by wood ducks and red wing blackbirds. You got that new camera yet? I'm waiting for some samples.........cheers........thekman.

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
nice shot! how the heck do you get those little buggers to hold still for you like that? i can never get that close to 'em... how far away were you?
Old Mar 28, 2006, 11:22 AM   #4

Very nice photo.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 7:14 PM   #5

Thekman,

Beautifully detailed and composed shot!

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:14 PM   #6

Thanks ladyhawk and hiroshi. They really are cute little guys. I love watching them buzz around. And if I'm lucky enough to get a picture of them, all the better.......cheers.......thekman.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 2:03 PM   #7

I do not know why you do not use the FZ15 more. It shows excellent detail and color and in my eyes puts the FZ30 to shame.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 4:22 PM   #8

Thanks Lovelife. I don't use it that often, because I have a dslr that I use for shooting birds most of the time. I really like the viewfinder on the dslr, and the higher iso capabilities, but I agree, the detail of the 4 megpixel FZ's is very good. Not a heck of a lot of difference I find. But it is easier to get bird shots using the dslr than the FZ because of the viewfinder, faster AF, and higher iso's. My eyes aren't great, and I have trouble with the tiny EVF's on the digicams..........cheers........thekman.

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
I do not know why you do not use the FZ15 more. It shows excellent detail and color and in my eyes puts the FZ30 to shame.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 4:42 PM   #9

thekman620 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks Lovelife. I don't use it that often, because I have a dslr that I use for shooting birds most of the time. I really like the viewfinder on the dslr, and the higher iso capabilities, but I agree, the detail of the 4 megpixel FZ's is very good. Not a heck of a lot of difference I find. But it is easier to get bird shots using the dslr than the FZ because of the viewfinder, faster AF, and higher iso's. My eyes aren't great, and I have trouble with the tiny EVF's on the digicams..........cheers........thekman.

LoveLife wrote:
Quote:
Agree on all points but on a bright day the FZ can match the best of the dslrs.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote