Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:49 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
ride16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 501
Default

Hi guys! After reading thruogh the forum, I figured out (I thought) that I would need a 55 to 52mm stepdown ring to get my Nikon 4T to work with my FZ20. However, I got the ring in the mail today, and it still doesn't fit. Does anyone know what size step ring I need to make this work? I have the pemeraal (?) adapter for the camera, but the 4T does not fit, with or without it. If someone could let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Melissa (www.mkklein.smugmug.com)
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 27, 2006, 7:57 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
squirl033's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,719
Default

depending on which Pemaraal adapter you have, the threads may be either 62mm, 58mm or 55mm. you might need to your camera to a local camera store and ask to try different size filters or adapters on it, to find out which size threads your adapter has, in order to get the correct step ring.
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 7:51 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
genece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,111
Default

As squirl said, are you sure you have a 55mm adapter from peramaal?

What else fits in the adapter....55mm filter or a TCon17 or have you attached anything else to the adapter?

It may be you received a step up ring rather than a stepdown ring.



The Nikon 4T does have 52mm threads ...which part is not fitting ....the end toward the camera or toward the 4T.

Also is it a real 4T or something from Ebay marked as, the same as the 4T
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 10:26 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
LoveLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

ride16 wrote:
Quote:
Hi guys! After reading thruogh the forum, I figured out (I thought) that I would need a 55 to 52mm stepdown ring to get my Nikon 4T to work with my FZ20. However, I got the ring in the mail today, and it still doesn't fit. Does anyone know what size step ring I need to make this work? I have the pemeraal (?) adapter for the camera, but the 4T does not fit, with or without it. If someone could let me know, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Melissa (http://www.mkklein.smugmug.com)
I have a 4T a 52mm mount, which I use on my FZ10 same as FZ20. I use it with a special 62-52mm CRing because my adapter is 62mm. The FZ20does not have threads and requires an adapter.



Possible reasons you configuration does not work.

You Pemaraal adapter is not 55mm maybe 58mm or 62mm.

Your Pemaraal adapter is 55mm but you purchased a 52-55mm step-up ring instead of a 55-52mm step-down piece.

Your step ring is defective.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:20 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
ride16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 501
Default

Thanks for the info everyone. I did purchase my 4T on eBay, but it looks legit - has a price tag from a camera store on the box. Although if I did get a knock-off or anything, I wouldn't have a clue. I did figure out that I have a UV filter that says 62mm on it that works with the adapeter, so maybe I need a 62-52mm step-down ring? I hope that's right.

Take care, all!

Melissa
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 3:32 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
LoveLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

ride16 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the info everyone. I did purchase my 4T on eBay, but it looks legit - has a price tag from a camera store on the box. Although if I did get a knock-off or anything, I wouldn't have a clue. I did figure out that I have a UV filter that says 62mm on it that works with the adapeter, so maybe I need a 62-52mm step-down ring? I hope that's right.

Take care, all!

Melissa
Now that sound correct. http://tinyurl.com/ahh8p
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:10 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
genece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,111
Default

Or perhaps 62 to 55 and then your 55 to 52....I do not think that will hurt anything with the 4T......what do you think lovelife?

It is possible to reverse the 2 rings actually moving them closer to the camera....but you would need to check carefully that they do not touch.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 4:17 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
LoveLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

genece wrote:
Quote:
Or perhaps 62 to 55 and then your 55 to 52....I do not think that will hurt anything with the 4T......what do you think lovelife?

It is possible to reverse the 2 rings actually moving them closer to the camera....but you would need to check carefully that they do not touch.
Although the 62-52mm CRing was developed for the CRing adapter it will fit on a standard 62mm mount with a .69mm offset instead of 4mm.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 8:36 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
ride16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 501
Default

Just a side note/question to what Genece said - how would I know if I bought a knock-off 4T instead of the real thing?

Melissa
ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2006, 9:05 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
LoveLife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,288
Default

ride16 wrote:
Quote:
Just a side note/question to what Genece said - how would I know if I bought a knock-off 4T instead of the real thing?

Melissa
You got me if it looks like this it is a Nikon 4T.


LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:59 PM.