Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 29, 2006, 1:20 PM   #1

I've been researching wide angle lens for my FZ-3. From what I've read I'm most interested in one of two Raynoxs. Either the HD6600pro-55 or the SRW-6600 (58mm).

Has anyone on this board used either with the Yoshida adapter on an FZ-3 (not FZ-30)? My understanding is that the DCR-6600 causes vignetting.
pappekak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:13 PM   #2

Someone will be along to give you a definate answer but I do not think the dcr6600 vignettes with the FZ3 and I would not think the others would either.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 5:44 PM   #3

bump...
Old Mar 30, 2006, 7:40 PM   #4

Hi I have the 58mm version the SRW-6600, and using the stock adapter on my FZ1v2 (pretty much the same dimensions) the lens perform great. It shifts the focal length of the Leica down to 28mm. It's very wide and so far from what I have looked in the past is the best as far as barrel distortion is concerned. There is a thread on this forum with pictures so search for it. Also this lens is very light, which is a plus whit our smaller FZ cameras. So for your question I will just tell you that it does not vignette. Member squirl has the 6600 pro that got from Nicktrop awhile ago, ask him about it.
ascaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:39 PM   #5

Thanks ascaria, I'll ping squirl.
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:37 AM   #6

The only WA I used on my FZ3 was the WCON8E. It worked very well. The FZ3 FAQ located here http://pie.midco.net/treasuredude/fz...converters_are

Shows the SRW-6600 to be very good. The DCR in 52mm will vignette but it is possible the 55m HD version would not.

Hope that helps some.

-Brett
bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote