Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 30, 2006, 10:43 AM   #11

Congratulations, Squirrl!

I just made the leap to dSLR - but got a Nikon D50 with 18-200 lens. It's going to take me time to "love" it because like you, I have a steep learning curve. But, I also had a steep learning curve when I went from my Sony to my FZ20.

I had to sell my FZ20 to buy the lens I wanted for my Nikon. I'm still sad about that...and often want to "revert" back to her when I feel I haven't got the knack of my Nikon. But then I remember how I felt when I first got my FZ20 and sold my Sony...and realize now that it's like taking off the training wheels...just because I "fall" (or should i say fail)once or twice,Ican't put the training wheels back on. Keeping the fluzi would have been great for times when i don't want to carry the "big guy", but i have a pocket camera for that!

I enjoy seeing your pictures...I'm sure I'll continue to do so with your new cam!

Be of good cheer!

mare

Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 1:08 PM   #12

Narmer wrote:
Quote:
have fun Squirl.

VF through the lens is an emotional thing.

PS Beware to leave camera in the car (have often read they are frequently stolen in cars)
thanks, Francesco, i will! and believe me, i won't be leaving $2500 worth of camera lying on thecar seat! if it's not with me, it'll be locked in the trunk, out of sight.

i recall fondly the days of shooting through the lens with my old Pentax ME Super; that capability was one of the things that i always miss with the FZ20. good as it is, the EVF just doesn't let me use manual focus nearly as well as the SLR format. once i get the hang of using the focus points in the Canon, it will be as easy to focus manually as using AF, though perhaps a bit slower. the biggest thing i'll need to remember is that my "short" lens is not image stabilized, and i'll need to watch the shutter speed to avoid camera shake... the FZ has really spoiled me in that regard!!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 8:46 PM   #13

Quote:
the biggest thing i'll need to remember is that my "short" lens is not image stabilized, and i'll need to watch the shutter speed to avoid camera shake... the FZ has really spoiled me in that regard!!

KM5D, I tell you.

rduve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:07 PM   #14

Yes, I think you and Jim are right. I've read this from the Canon Forums:
http://photography-on-the.net/forum/...d.php?t=151656

That thread makes me wanna buy the 5d over the Xt more and more.
I just hope that the KM lenses are just as good.

rduve wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
the biggest thing i'll need to remember is that my "short" lens is not image stabilized, and i'll need to watch the shutter speed to avoid camera shake... the FZ has really spoiled me in that regard!!

KM5D, I tell you.

dissembled is offline   Reply With Quote