Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 29, 2006, 5:36 PM   #1

After months of reading this site, visiting my local Jessops here in the UK I am now 100% sure that the FZ30 is the camera for me, used to have an SLR years ago then went digital but just to a 4mp handheld FUJI... was about to get a DSLR and a photographer mate suggested the prosumer stuff... glad he did too!... then accidently found this place and from playing around with the cam on and off and seeing whats written here when I get paid I'm placing my order!!

Also just decided I'm off to see Yosemite next year so will have plenty of time to et used to using the camera before then!!... with a great incentive to!

Thank you all for everything you've written here... when I have taken some pics, I will take some more (because the first will probably be c**p) and post some here..

its all good!!
beesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 29, 2006, 6:16 PM   #2

Also have a question sorry... when i order the camera I want to order a memory card too... now can get this

150X 4GB Secure Digital SD ADATA Sandisk
for £65, but will it work in the camera ok? theory being yes I'd be hard pushed to fill that size of card but for that price its not something to pass on.

Any help appreciated :?

Nic
Old Mar 29, 2006, 9:41 PM   #3

As i understand it, the FZ30 only accepts up to a 2GB SD card, so the answer is no :?

beesey wrote:
Quote:
Also have a question sorry... when i order the camera I want to order a memory card too... now can get this

150X 4GB Secure Digital SD ADATA Sandisk
for £65, but will it work in the camera ok? theory being yes I'd be hard pushed to fill that size of card but for that price its not something to pass on.

Any help appreciated :?

Nic
DarthCroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 6:02 AM   #4

beesey - Could you please post the link to the site where you could buy that ADATA 150X 4GB card for £65? I am interested in the 2Gb version of it.

Thanks
mikeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 7:20 AM   #5

Ebay, just run a search on 2gb SD and there are loads, just had a look and someone is selling the 150x 2GB adata for £30.50 delivered on there...

Looks like thats what i'll be getting now I know the 4gb won't work, might even look at the portable hard drive too, though I'm also considering taking my laptop to Yosemite too so wouldn't need it, anywya i digress

Old Mar 30, 2006, 7:55 AM   #6

Thanks for the reply. I am thinking of paying by bank transfer as I haveinsufficient funds in my Paypal account at the moment.Can I trust this Ebayer?Bank transfer for Ebay purchases are a bit risky. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/150X-2GB-ADATA...QQcmdZViewItem
mikeworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 7:56 AM   #7

mate the fz30 is an exceptional cam. you wont regret it. it took me a couple of weeks of playin around to really grasp it but now i think i have it mastered.

the results are superb. if u need any help just sing out. there are a few fz30 owners here now

ken
fz30
kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2006, 7:59 AM   #8

mikeworld wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I am thinking of paying by bank transfer as I haveinsufficient funds in my Paypal account at the moment.Can I trust this Ebayer?Bank transfer for Ebay purchases are a bit risky. What do you think?

Well he's got almost 50,000 transactions to his name and a 98.1% positive score so certainly looks trustworthy, i personally always pay with paypal though, never looked at the other stuff
Old Mar 30, 2006, 6:03 PM   #9

I've bought two ADATA memory cards from this guy (fastmemoryman), a 1GB 60X and a 2GB 150X and have had no problems with the seller or the cards. Just check the shipping which is really high (as it is with most people selling memory cards on eBay). I've found that if you add this guys "buy it now" price with the high shipping it still comes out to be a pretty decent deal. The onlydownside is, if you would happen to have a problem with the card the inflatedshipping and insurance charges are NOT REFUNDABLE and they account for about half of the price. In other words, if you pay a total of$60 for a 2GB card and have a problem with it (arrives D.O.A., etc)or need to send it back to him your only going to get about 30 bucks or so back of your money.He seems to be a pretty honest seller but this part of it is pure scam in my eyes, since regardless of what happens it works out to be a pretty sweet deal for him. If you're willing to take the chance (which I have been a couple of times but am starting to reconsidersince I discovered newegg.com and their low prices) then go for it.Also, his prices seem to drop a couple of bucks a week. It's worth it to add him to your favorite sellers as I did.
adamjs69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 9:32 AM   #10

I myself have only got 1 512mb card, will be picking up another one before i go on vacation to use in tandem with my Archos Gmini402 - which is a USB host, so basically a 20gb portable harddrive - also plays videos (including out to TV) and mp3s - its the best investment i've made next to the fz30! it takes 6-8 minutes to download a full 512mb card, and i can take the card out and put it into a card reader to attach it to the player for download so i don't have to wait, or use up camera battery for transferring, its a very handy setup.
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote