Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 31, 2006, 11:39 AM   #1

Hi! I just got my FZ30 today and am in the process of reading the manual. I'm basically a novice at photography and plan to use the camera in the auto mode for my upcoming trip to Alaska. I will branch out as soon as I gain some confidence. While browsing the manual, I saw something about hooking the camera up to the TV to view pictures. Is there any equipment not provided with the camera needed to do this?

Also, I need a camera case and would like recommendations. The one listed on the Panasonic site is leather and costs $35 in US, but when I called Panasonic they said they weren't going to supply this in US. I saw in on a UK site for about $45 USD plus shipping. I don't know if it is best to get this one or just go to Best Buy or somewhere and get one. Please help me make a choice. I will probably not buy any lenses for the camera as I ran out of money just getting it, memory cards, and tripod! Therefore, a small one will be adequate.
sailboater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2006, 2:37 PM   #2

I can not help with the Bag as I have about 5 crammed full.

But the FZ30 comes with a AV cable which will play the photos on the TV...it is explained in the manual.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 4:42 PM   #3

as far as a case, most people around here tend to recommend lowepro, i myself don't have one but they look well built and can be found at any camera store. as far as size, that depends on whether or not you'll end up buying accessories (extra batteries, wide angle or telephoto lenses, filters, etc.) if you think you might, get something bigger or you'll regret it because you'll have to buy something again later...trust me on that one! you'll also want to consider if you want to carry everything that came with it; you don't need the charge all the time, but if you're on vacation you'll need it - for example. hope that helps!
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2006, 8:50 PM   #4

Thanks everyone for replying. I thought there might be a preferred bag or something. I went to Walmart today but didn't like theirs. I was going to try Internet but I really want to see the bag before getting it. Guess I will go to camera store for one. I did see one there last time I visited. Tarmac or Tamrac, something. Interesting because you add modules as you need them, but it was kind of pricey.

I finally got to the page where it explained the TV. I should have read further before asking.

Thanks for info.
sailboater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:07 AM   #5

Jake D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2006, 7:29 AM   #6

Panasonic produce a case specifically designed for the FZ30: PS-PFZ30K. It is a small discrete black leather pouch with pockets inside for a spare battery and SD cards. Retails in the UK for around £25.00 (US$45.00) and can be ordered from the Panasonic website. Bruce
brucegarrett is offline   Reply With Quote