Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 3, 2006, 7:34 PM   #21

Thanks Squirl, you're very helpful.
Macnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:38 PM   #22

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
i'd go with the TCON-17. it doesn't require a step ring like the TCON-14B would (it has 62mm rear threads), and by all accounts, the TCON-17 works wonderfully with the '30's optics. but the TCON-14B is the hands down winner for the FZ20; for some reason, itsseems towork better on that model than anything else.
Any clues as to who has the best price on the TCON-17? Also, what is the best wide angle? I was gonna wait till after receiving and playing with the camera a bit, but I'm thinking these lenses might come in handy on trip this weekend if I can get them soon enough, especially the wide angle. I'm reading in one of the reviews that the WCON-08B is the one for the FZ-30 despite the fact that it needs a steup as opposed to theWCON 08 with 55mm thread. I'm thinking that if I only buy one lens at a time, the wide angle might come in more handy at first.

Any input from anyone is gladly appreciated

meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 8:51 PM   #23

i'll have to defer to others on this, since i don't own a wide-angle lens for my FZ. i've heard the WCON lenses are quite good, though...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 9:06 PM   #24

It looks like B&H has some good prices on the TCON and WCON and they are in NYC where I work.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 9:07 PM   #25

squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
i'll have to defer to others on this, since i don't own a wide-angle lens for my FZ. i've heard the WCON lenses are quite good, though...

I take it you didn't find much need for wide angle.
Old Apr 3, 2006, 9:42 PM   #26

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
squirl033 wrote:
Quote:
I take it you didn't find much need for wide angle.
no. i shoot a wide variety of subjects - wildlife, flowers, scenics - but i've always found the FZ's regular lens to be wide enough for my taste. if it's not, well, there's an easy way to fix that... take two shots and stitch 'em together! and since my new camera shoots in 3:2 format, insteadof 4:3 like the Panny,i'll need a wide angle even less...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote