Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 2, 2006, 3:33 PM   #1

i'm thinking of buying the fz30 but i read some about the camera breaking down and needing to be sent back for repaires shorty after buying the camera .is this a common occurance?

j,lighting:-)
j.lighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2006, 11:22 PM   #2

j.lighting wrote:
Quote:
i'm thinking of buying the fz30 but i read some about the camera breaking down and needing to be sent back for repaires shorty after buying the camera .is this a common occurance?

j,lighting:-)
I just ordered mine and I have been hanging around this forum for the last few months. Can't say I've heard that rumour. Like any camera or other electromechanical device, there will also be some problems, but haven't heard of many with the FZ30.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 2:35 PM   #3

j.lighting wrote:
Quote:
I've had mine for over two weeks. I haven't used it near as much as I would have liked, but so far it's worked flawlessly.

Dave
Necron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 2:41 PM   #4

Mine's worked hapily since November, survived a holiday to Florida (4500 miles each way!) and being dropped twice!, pity my JVC camcorder didn't survive the fall as well!, and it was on top of the FZ30 in the camera bag which took the brunt of it!.
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 6:05 PM   #5

mine's with me daily since aprox 4 months...... can't be happier than this, works just fine
:|
blue wax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2006, 10:08 PM   #6

The little plastic notch that holds the battery in the compartment broke off on mine recently. I've probably only swapped the battery out 20 or so times so far so that was pretty early to break, but it doesn't prevent the camera from operating. It just means that the battery springs out when I open the compartment. I don't know if it's really worth trying to get that repaired.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote