Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 4, 2006, 9:43 AM   #1

Hi everyone, I think I finally found the camera that I'm gonna buy. I just read a really positive and fairly objective review about the Panasonic PV-GS19. I dont know why no one has mentionned it before on this forum... is it just not popular? or too old ? or very crappy? Actually, my main question is :*Is it Mac compatible?Also, if anyone here has ever tried it, i'd like to have your feedback. Knowing that it's a 300$ camera, I'd like to get an opinion that wont compare it to a HD cam or any cam thats worth more than 300$...And one last thing : where would be the best place (preferably on the net) to by this specific camera?Thanks everyoneKim
AmieDeLaMarmotteEmpaillee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:23 AM   #2

But, isn't this PV-GS19 a video camera? I dunno if we're talking about video cameras in this forum but digital still cameras.
-Mert-
iason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:23 AM   #3

Hi:-) You won't find it mentioned here because it's a camcorder not a digital camera:-)

The Pv-gs19 is one of last years range, reviews for it are Ok, I've got the newer 3.1mp Nv-gs300 3ccd camcorder and it's quite good, certainly better than my JVC 1.3mp GZ-MG50 HDD camcorder which records in Mpeg2 direct to hard disk. Still images are of course v.poor compared to a 3mp still camera. As for comparing it to others I've used 1.3mp JVC and 2.2Mp Canon camcorders over the last year and the Canon (MVX25i) was certainly the better of the two.

If you're in Switzerland I have no idea who to buy from, Pixmania (France) ship all over Europe and there stock has French instructions etc.which shouldn't be a problem in Switzerland :-)

I must say I really miss Bern, I spent some time working there in the early 80s and loved it :-)
phaedra1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:05 AM   #4

Oh shit! Thanks for telling that this forum is only about digital cameras!! It's my third question here and every time I was asking about a different digital CAMCORDER. I'm just a little lost and slow sometimes (maybe just becoming a swissssssss).Well if any lost person here has ever tried this CAMCORDER, i'd still like to get his or her opinion about it and its compatibility with Mac computers! Thanks phaedra for your comments, your cam seems great! Just not quite in my price range since I need a camera now (and dont have much money). And just in case any moderator reads this message : I swear this was my last question about a digital CAMCORDER!!!Kim
AmieDeLaMarmotteEmpaillee is offline   Reply With Quote