Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 5, 2006, 11:28 PM   #1

I have read several different forums andI am still confused. What is the best wide angle lens for my FZ30? Iwill be using itmainly for photographing interiors and exteriors of homes. I read that the Olympus W08 was a good WA lens but it seems there are many different ones, i.e. WCON-08B, WCON-08E,etc... or is there one that is just an Olympus W08?

I don't want to spend agreat deal of money but I want one that will give me good quality pics.

Your help is appreciated.
heygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:38 PM   #2

heygirl wrote:
Quote:
I have read several different forums andI am still confused. What is the best wide angle lens for my FZ30? Iwill be using itmainly for photographing interiors and exteriors of homes. I read that the Olympus W08 was a good WA lens but it seems there are many different ones, i.e. WCON-08B, WCON-08E,etc... or is there one that is just an Olympus W08?

I don't want to spend agreat deal of money but I want one that will give me good quality pics.

Your help is appreciated.
I have heard in one of the reviews that the WCON-08B is better than the WCON-08 even though you have to use a step-up adapter. The "B" isalso less money. If I can find the review I will post the link.
Meatwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 8:46 PM   #3

see the following forum by Lovelife

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=23
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2006, 10:49 PM   #4

Thank you both for the info. If anyone else would like to comment I would like to hear from them, too.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 12:45 AM   #5

hey girl, do you know this page ?

look there

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 7:55 AM   #6

DonalDuc,

Thank you so much. I had read that page at one time during my initial research but forgot where I saw it or how I got to it. That is exactlythe informationI was looking for. Not only does it tell me about the different lenses available it goes into great detail about what happens when you use them on the FZ30.

Thanks again!!!
Old Apr 7, 2006, 8:31 AM   #7

Hi Heygirl,

Welcome to the forum

The WCON 08 works great with my FZ30.

You will need a 55-62 stepup ring to use it with your FZ30.

There is no vignetting (shadows) in the corners when used with just the WCON 08 and its stepup ring.

Given that you want to be shooting interiors, please be advised that the WCON 08 will partially (minimally) block the light from the FZ30 flash. Depending on your intent/use for your interior shots, you may want to invest in an external flash.

Olympus FL-40 (discontinued but can be found on Ebay) reportedly works well. There are other flashesthat would also be suitable.

When you have a free moment,please do share some of your photos on this forum!

:-) :idea:
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 4:33 PM   #8

I use a WCON 08B on my FZ20 and it works great! It takes me from 35mm down to 28mm. The WCON 07 will take you down to 24mm and it has a 55mm thread, so you can screw it directly onto the camera without step-up ring.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 2006, 6:02 PM   #9

Thanks for all the info. After looking at thepage that DonalDuc sent, I will probably go with the WCON-08B.

I will be using an external flash and have been leaning toward the Sunpak 383 but will check out the Olympus FL-40.

Again... thank you all for your help.8)
Old Apr 7, 2006, 9:27 PM   #10

I have the Raynox HD6600PRO-55 wide angle lensand I really like it. I have it for about a month and a half and have used it with excellent results. Plus, it's 55mm threads are a direct fit for the FZ30. I'd definitely check it out and do some research on it before making a purchase.

I also have the Sunpak 383 as a lot of people on this forum do and I highly recommend it,as it is an EXCELLENT value for the money. Good luck!
adamjs69 is offline   Reply With Quote