Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 10, 2006, 2:46 PM   #1

This is my first attempt at a panorama with the FZ30.The shots were taken hand-held, so they didn't line up perfectly. I used to have a Nikon 3700 P&S that had a stitch-assist mode that was really helpful. I wish Panasonic had included something similar.I did change the display to show the 'rule of thirds' lines on the FZ which helped a little. I used an old demo version of Smoky City Design's Panorama Factory to stitch the shots,then cropped and cleaned up just a tad with Neat Image.

I only wish the orange construction equipment wasn't in the shot. I can try to edit it out digitally, but I'll probably just head back to campus and try again another day!

Attached Images

RedStickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 10, 2006, 3:03 PM   #2

Looks pretty good.
LadyhawkVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 5:24 PM   #3

Nice shot of the stadium. Can't seem to get my panaramias to work right, either too large or too small to post on the forum. Used Arcsoft which came with the FZ30. Also, see your post of the moon, YAMS, as to my comment on the WCON07.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 5:34 PM   #4

I never even looked at the disc that came with the camera. :sad:I didn't realize ArcSoft was on it. Will have to try it out!

I shrunk the posted shot down to 800 pxl across, then saved it using the "Save for Web" feature in Photoshop. Get's it down to a usable size. Pano's can get massive!
Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:06 PM   #5

Its a good pano - did u get a chance to do one from inside as I think that could look awesome???

Give auto stitch a go its free and it seems quiet a few commercial apps use it. What I liked about it - very simple interface and very simple to use. I tried a couple of beta commercial ones and autostitch did a better job and faster one too!

http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html

:O

Cheers

HarjTT

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 8:24 PM   #6

HarjTT - I tried autostitch, but it did some crazy things with the colors in the final pic. Maybe I'll check all the settings and give it another go.

I'd love to get a chance to do a pano from right in the middle of the field, but unfortunately it's not easy to get in there.

Thanks for the comments!

Old Apr 10, 2006, 9:35 PM   #7

very nice pana shot indeed !!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote