Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 12, 2006, 1:19 PM   #1

Been thinking of buying one of these for the pocket, golf bag etc. Anyone using this camera, and if so, what do you think of it.....Thanks........'kman.
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 12, 2006, 2:13 PM   #2

We have one and it's a great little camera for a point-and-shoot. It has no problem fitting in a shirt pocket.

I bought this particular camera for my boyfriend because it's easy to use, has a large LCD monitor, mega optical image stabilization, and has a 6x optical zoom.

The only con is that it runs on 2 AA batteries and since there is no option of using an optical viewfinder, battery power gets used quickly. It does have an Ecomony mode which dims the monitor and has power save settings.

We work around this by having 4 rechargeables---and keep 2 charged at all times.

Any particular shots you'd like as samples?

thekman620 wrote:

Quote:
Been thinking of buying one of these for the pocket, golf bag etc. Anyone using this camera, and if so, what do you think of it.....Thanks........'kman.
JerryF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:39 PM   #3

I just got an LZ2. I can't afford to buy one of the better Panny's but I need a lot of zoom. I'm not sure how I like this one yet. Do you have any examples of pictures taken in INDOOR low light conditions?

I attend many concerts and sporting events with tricky lighting conditions but I couldn't get a larger camera into those even if I could afford one.
Concertsandsports is offline   Reply With Quote