Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 14, 2006, 7:54 PM   #1

Memorial Day Weekend our local Steam Train starts up for the season. I try to spend a lot of time taking photos of it. Here is my practice photo getting ready for the 2006 season. The name of our railroad is Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad.

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:31 PM   #2

The mirror and your image with camera show your/camera's ability in getting all in focus, but it certainly distracts me from the central object, the train. Nice scenery.
Raghu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 8:50 PM   #3

I find this to be an interesting composition.

But is the reflection in the mirror real?....the reflection i so sharp that it looks like its been superimposed.

Hiroshi
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2006, 9:04 PM   #4

"But is the reflection in the mirror real?....the reflection i so sharp that it looks like its been superimposed."

Yes it is a different photo. I was trying to come up with an idea for a new flyer.

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2006, 10:35 AM   #5

I would never have noticed that! but looking more closely at the mirror, the angle of the reflection does seem abit off; also, it wouldn't be possible for both sides of a valley to be lit by the sun at the same time!
milrodpxpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2006, 12:13 AM   #6

Camera Hunts...i do find almost all of you photos to be wonderful as outdorr photography is my genre of choice too...but what i find somewhat paradoxical and somewhat of a breech in the rules of this (and probably other forums) is the fact that you use you interest in photography to give seasonal updates and other updates regarding the wildlife activity andfoliage staus in your are as a way to promote your private business. I have seen many tryto do this and have all beenflammed and shown the door...you seem to fly under the radar...

i must say i do enjoy your photos though...

roy123 is offline   Reply With Quote