Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:23 PM   #1

These aren't the greatest pics - we still don't have too many birds around, but I was just excited to be able to take some pictures of something - ANYTHING!

Melissa (www.mkklein.smugmug.com)
Attached Images

ride16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:30 PM   #2

Attached Images

Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:31 PM   #3

Attached Images

Old Apr 15, 2006, 5:32 PM   #4

Attached Images

Old Apr 15, 2006, 7:43 PM   #5

Hi Ride,

All are very good shots. I especially like the cardinal photos and out of those, I think the pose in #2 is excellent and you've composed the picture beautifully.

The parallel lines of the house siding do detract a little from the overall feel of the picture, at least to my eyes. I hope you don't mind, but I was curious to see what it would look like without them, so took the liberty of removing them with the clone feature of my program just to see what it would look like.... Here it is, let me know what you think

Hiroshi

Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:09 PM   #6

OK, one more little adjustment since you expressed interest in the program I was using in a previous post....it can also change the background to look like sky. I did a quick job so it's not perfect, and for illustration purposes only. So whichever program you decide to get, most have all these features built in that put allot of options at your fingertips.

Hiroshi
Attached Images

Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:40 PM   #7

All are great shots to me. The cardinal is a very frequent visitor to my feeder. I took a few shots of some today. Haven't downloaded them yet. Would that be a grackle in the next bird photo? And your last, I do believe is a robin, which I did not see any this year, very unusual for us. They normally are here every year.

Jerry

P. S. Hiroshi, I do believe is the ultimate in Photo Processing.. besides taking beautiful photos....I wondered what software he uses.
bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:43 PM   #8

Excellent series of bird pictures - looking forward to more.

Like the self portrait Hiroshi...Fred
Bootneck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:46 PM   #9

bayourebel wrote:
Quote:
All are great shots to me. The cardinal is a very frequent visitor to my feeder. I took a few shots of some today. Haven't downloaded them yet. Would that be a grackle in the next bird photo? And your last, I do believe is a robin, which I did not see any this year, very unusual for us. They normally are here every year.

Jerry

P. S. Hiroshi, I do believe is the ultimate in Photo Processing.. besides taking beautiful photos....I wondered what software he uses.
Jerry, I use Microsoft's "Digital Image Pro". For what it can do, it's very reasonably priced at $70

Hiroshi
Old Apr 16, 2006, 12:18 PM   #10

Hi Ride, great birds shots, please post more of them, a little crop maybe..:lol:, just want to see a little more detail of those beautiful birds. :G

Hi Hiroshi, you make that #2 pic even more great!!, btw, is theclone feature inthat programthe same as clone function on photoshop?:?
dian is offline   Reply With Quote