Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:36 PM   #1

Original and other fx01 samples accessible at http://fmoore.zoto.com/galleries/firstfx01/
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 15, 2006, 8:51 PM   #2

Hi Fred,

The sepia is very apropos for your subject. Very nicely done.

Hiroshi

P.S. Is it just me or does everything seem to be leaning slightly to the right? I don't know if it's intentional or not. But can be easily corrected.
Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:10 PM   #3

Fred, I find this to be a stunning photo. Is this the church you referred to before, where you are sexton, I believe it was. Also, are you slightly downhill from the cemetery and church?

Jerry

bayourebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:47 PM   #4

Jerry - Yes, I'm the sexton of this church and I was standing on a slight downhill incline, which I suppose caused theleaning to the right.

Hiroshi - I considered rotating it to the left, but in my laziness I left it alone. You're right, it's too right. Here it is with a 1 degree ccw rotation. Better, but I lost the 28mm. :sad: I guess I'll have to go take it again.:-)

Old Apr 15, 2006, 9:57 PM   #5

fmoore wrote:
Hiroshi - I considered rotating it to the left, but in my laziness I left it alone. You're right, it's too right. Here it is with a 1 degree ccw rotation. Better, but I lost the 28mm. :sad: I guess I'll have to go take it again.:-)

FRED...Strech out with your feelings.....USE THE FORCE...Fred...see 28mm with your mind and it will be there!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Just having a little fun:blah:. Hope you don't mind.

Attached Images

Hiroshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2006, 11:23 PM   #6

fmoore wrote:
Quote:

Original and other fx01 samples accessible at http://fmoore.zoto.com/galleries/firstfx01/

Love the picture... Didyou use the camera setting or software to achieve the sepia look? Do you know ifthere any advantage to using the camera to do that? I imagine with sofware you can adjust how much sepia to use and when to use it. The only reason I can think to use the camera is if you don't have software.
meanstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2006, 10:52 AM   #7

meanstreak wrote:
Quote:
Didyou use the camera setting or software to achieve the sepia look? Do you know ifthere any advantage to using the camera to do that? I imagine with sofware you can adjust how much sepia to use and when to use it. The only reason I can think to use the camera is if you don't have software.
This was with the camera set to sepia. If youhave a feelingit's going to look good in sepia, why not go for it, the advantage being you don't have to bother with post processing (see laziness, above). There is excellent freesoftware that will do the job. As a matter of fact, using it leads one to have that feeling that sepia or b&wwill work well in certain situations. A good one is Virtual Photographer at http://www.optikvervelabs.com/